Tower Defense - Arcade Defender , first release this year.

freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Only Android so far...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.tower.defense.arcade.td

5 levels FREE & 25 levels in full game, 8 different enemies, many upgrades

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

lose, not loose (in the instruction stuff early). also, you should tweak it so you don’t need to cycle through all the instructions each time you play.

putting aside that i hate those types of games, you’ve done alright. good luck with it.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Instructions only on level 1.

Sry you dont like that style of games.

Anyways Thanks

@freneticz said:
    Instructions only on level 1.

Sry you dont like that style of games.

Anyways Thanks

no need to apologise to me for my game taste.

you've set it up pretty well, and it's come up good. there's plenty of people that do like those games, so i hope you get some traction and it makes you some decent coin.

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

There are many tower defence games with very high-quality graphics on google play store. Just search the words tower defense games.

Ask yourself why will someone play your game, where the focus is on gameplay but the graphics are very very simple and unattractive?

I am not discouraging you but simply asking you to improve your game design.

@famekrafts said:
    There are many tower defence games with very high-quality graphics on google play store. Just search the words tower defense games.

Ask yourself why will someone play your game, where the focus is on gameplay but the graphics are very very simple and unattractive?

I am not discouraging you but simply asking you to improve your game design.

Exactly there are 1000 3d TD games, i did my own TD style .... simple 2d , no auto aim, just kill and destroy.

• famekraftsfamekrafts Member, BASIC Posts: 834

Let us hope you get good downloads.

@famekrafts said:
    Let us hope you get good downloads.

Thanks

you know i now there is many MANY TD games out there and i LOVE that kind of game, KILL KILL KILL Before is to late,,,,,, so i did my own style

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Nice! Congrats on the release!

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

Downloaded and played it for a bit. I liked it. Gave you a nice review.

@adriangomez said:
    Downloaded and played it for a bit. I liked it. Gave you a nice review.

Thanks

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458
    edited July 2019

Going to download and give it a try. I love the tower defence genre. Best of luck with it! :smiley:

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438
    edited July 2019

Just a few comments.
    1. I am up to level 9 I think, but if you click on Menu at the end of a level, you don't get the stars for the level. Clicking on next works as expected.
    2. For some reason, no matter how many times I play level 5, I get no stars.
    3. After a few levels but don't know the pattern exactly touching the node to bring up the menu (upgrade, move, destroy) stops working. The only option at that point is to close the game an re-open it.

@adriangomez said:
    Just a few comments.
    1. I am up to level 9 I think, but if you click on Menu at the end of a level, you don't get the stars for the level. Clicking on next works as expected.
    3. After a few levels but don't know the pattern exactly touching the node to bring up the menu (upgrade, move, destroy) stops working. The only option at that point is to close the game an re-open it.

Hmm you only get what i say is gold on a level if you dont loose a life, no stars....its only gold or not gold

@adriangomez said:
    Just a few comments.

1. Will look in to it

Really cool. I love the tower defence genre, and am always interested in how Gamesaladeers get around the obstacle in the road of not actually being able to make real "tower defence" games because we can't access self attributes from other actors. @CasualEvolution made SOS defence, a physical TD. And now you made a manual aim TD, really cool. Very neat you guys.

If you want any friendly suggestions, some easy to program some not, I have some. You can just ignore them if you want, I know I like to have that option. :smiley:

Hard-to-Add:
    1. Maybe double the speed of the game as a whole, or add a double-speed button. I know that at this point in development, that would take an incredibly large amount of time and energy. Just seems the game could be a little faster. Probably just ignore this suggestion.
    2. Let the player drag the tower where they want it. This would add some more strategy to the game, instead of the player having to watch as his triple-sided turret can't reach the track. Btw, the track-maker thing at the beginning of each level is really cool. Once again, at this point, maybe just ignore this.

Easy-to-Add:
    1. A quests button on the main menu. Having to go to the level select screen seems a little odd to me. Maybe I missed the button. Sorry if I did.
    2. Explain what comes in the full pack. I didn't see anywhere what it comes with, or what's different.
    3. (Maybe easy). The bottom of the screen on the upgrades page seems a little chopped off, and it makes me want to scroll down for the rest of the screen, but can't.

Just some friendly suggestions from one developer to another. Cool game, and best of luck with it. :smiley:

@Twayne2 said:
    Really cool. I love the tower defence genre, and am always interested in how Gamesaladeers get around the obstacle in the road of not actually being able to make real "tower defence" games because we can't access self attributes from other actors.

what do you mean you can’t access self attributes from other actors?

unlock the actor you're using, and you can then read/use the self attributes of everything else on the scene you're working in.

I meant one actor modifying another actor. If you have two actors on a scene, and the first actor has self.attribute A, you cannot modify that attribute from actor 2.

maybe i’m not understanding exactly what you’re saying but you can unlock an actor, and within that instance change an attribute to a value from another actor on that scene through current scene.layer...... whatever value from any other actor within that scene.

edited July 2019

Well here's what I'm thinking, and see what you think. First of all, the player has to be able to set a turret wherever he/she wants to. That's feasable, but now you need the towers to be able to shoot the enemy troop in front, and only in its range. This is impossible in this situation, as the turrets need to be triggered by the enemy troops in range, and yet not shoot in another's range. A turret has to be able to track the self.position of each enemy, only in its area. How can it do that without constraining its turning vector to an unaccessable self.attribute of an enemy?

I have messed with this a long time, and ended up concluding we just can't do that atm. However, if the developer forces certain positions for the towers, then things are possible I think. I know you can access scene attributes. But let me look a little more. I would greatly enjoy making an actual "TD" game.

Edit: I never knew about that scene.layers thing! Very interesting!!!! :smiley:

I think it might be possible with tables, but then you really have to limit how many enemies you have, or make a gigantic table. I don't know how much lag that causes, I don't really ever use tables. Only the purchase table.

Sorry for getting off topic @freneticz!

ah yep, i think i get where you’re coming from. it’d be very complex to get it going, and not possible using what i described, if you are using the spawn behaviour to build turrets.
    could be done though if you already have a bunch of turrets actors off screen that are unlocked, and are moved into position and activated when needed.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited July 2019

Yes, you can do it with tables. I've made a few demos that do that. I've never used more than a few actors so I can't really comment about lag but the syncing of locations works really well.

Demo: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/384027/#Comment_384027

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited July 2019

Yeah having hundreds of enemies already off screen and having a "maximum" amount of turrets off-screen already would be very tedious haha. I am just awful with tables though really. I should take a look at that demo sometime. Thanks @tatiang.

@Twayne2 said:
    Really cool. I love the tower defence genre, and am always interested in how Gamesaladeers get around the obstacle in the road of not actually being able to make real "tower defence" games because we can't access self attributes from other actors. @CasualEvolution made SOS defence, a physical TD. And now you made a manual aim TD, really cool. Very neat you guys.

If you want any friendly suggestions, some easy to program some not, I have some. You can just ignore them if you want, I know I like to have that option. :smiley:

Hard-to-Add:
    1. Maybe double the speed of the game as a whole, or add a double-speed button. I know that at this point in development, that would take an incredibly large amount of time and energy. Just seems the game could be a little faster. Probably just ignore this suggestion.
    2. Let the player drag the tower where they want it. This would add some more strategy to the game, instead of the player having to watch as his triple-sided turret can't reach the track. Btw, the track-maker thing at the beginning of each level is really cool. Once again, at this point, maybe just ignore this.

Easy-to-Add:
    1. A quests button on the main menu. Having to go to the level select screen seems a little odd to me. Maybe I missed the button. Sorry if I did.
    2. Explain what comes in the full pack. I didn't see anywhere what it comes with, or what's different.
    3. (Maybe easy). The bottom of the screen on the upgrades page seems a little chopped off, and it makes me want to scroll down for the rest of the screen, but can't.

Just some friendly suggestions from one developer to another. Cool game, and best of luck with it. :smiley:

I love friendly suggestions :)

YES double the speed i did from the beginning, but something is not working correctly so i just hide it for now.

The quests button dont fit in the main menu now, maybe i will do the main buttons smaller so it can fit........its not in a normal Place right now....i know ;)

When you try to play level 6 a pop up tell you whats in full game (this not work in first version)you can play full game without buying it if you cleared level 5 and press next.
    Its my fault i just miss that, the plan was 5 levels for free.

In the upgrades page i dont really know what to do here.....

edited July 2019

Yeah I eventually found the full version pop-up after beating level 5. That's an okay spot. I look forward to the double speed! Please post when you release that update! :smiley:

@Twayne2 said:
    Yeah I eventually found the full version pop-up after beating level 5. That's an okay spot. I look forward to the double speed! Please post when you release that update! :smiley:

So you want be playing until then ?

edited July 2019

I didn't say that, just saying that I am looking forward to the double speed if you get around to it. To me, double speed would be more enticing to purchase the rest of the game. :smiley:

@Twayne2 said:
    I didn't say that, just saying that I am looking forward to the diuble speed if you get around to it. To me, double speed would be more enticing to purchase the rest of the game. :smiley:

Well...i can see the need of double speed in the beginning but around level 10+ you have no need of double speed ;)

Oh that's good to know! :smile: