SDK Version Issue when publishing to iOS I phone

SDK Version Issue when publishing to iOS I phone and submitting to App Store connect using application loader. I have Mac OS high sierra with Xcode 10.1, so everything should be up to date please help.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Did you use the RC? That should fix the issue.

• four8gamesfour8games Member, PRO Posts: 29

Hi adent42, I did try the “Build RC” it qued for generation and then I got message saying it was done but I can’t we’re it downloaded the file? Is it an .ipa or .app file I’m looking for? Thanks

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253
    edited July 2019

When it's done, click on Sign App and download the file. You must have your provisioning profile on your Mac, and select it at the prompt. Pay attention to the GameSalad 'fireworks' screen when signing is complete.

Although the prompt says 'Congratulations!' you still need to click on the button on that screen that says 'Publish - Open Application Loader to send your binary to Apple.'

When you do this, you will receive an .ipa file which you can then upload using Application Loader.

*Fun Fact - on this fireworks screen years ago, there was a huge blast of fireworks sound fx that would scare the life out of the gentle GS user when publishing a test build at 2am in the morning! This 'amazing' sound effect was subsequently removed.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

don’t we get another file type, that we need to put in a folder first, rename the folder “Payload”, then zip it, then change the extension to “.ipa” before it can be uploaded using xcode?

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253

@bob loblaw said:
    don’t we get another file type, that we need to put in a folder first, rename the folder “Payload”, then zip it, then change the extension to “.ipa” before it can be uploaded using xcode?

The steps I outlined can be used to get an .ipa file without having to do the 'Payload' process

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@uptimistik said:

@bob loblaw said:

The steps I outlined can be used to get an .ipa file without having to do the 'Payload' process

yep. i’ve read that before from others, but for whatever reason i haven’t been able to get it to work that way, so thought i’d add the other way. my apologies if it my post made it sound like i was saying the method you use was wrong.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

I was wondering where the fireworks sound went. I liked it.