Accelerometer use

I’m thinking of restarting a game I was working on, now that I have time. Any new ideas for controlling an object and making it spin in a circle with the rate of speed controlled by the speed with which the device is rotated? The circle object will be fixed in the center of the screen and rotate around based on the position of the device. I tried many of the old methods and they didn’t quite give me what I wanted. I wish I knew more about accelerometer control...!

Comments

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

You have probably already tried doing it this way. But perhaps others with similar questions might be able to use it.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I definitely could be wrong but I don't think GameSalad provides the data you need to detect phone rotation on a flat plane (for example, as a top or merry-go-round might spin round and round).

I downloaded an app called Sensor Kinetics (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sensor-kinetics/id579040333) and watched live values for the Accelerometer, Gyroscope, and something called the Magnetometer. The Magnetometer seems the most promising but it also seems that Gyroscope data -- with a fair amount of massaging -- might work.

Unfortunately, GameSalad only provides Accelerometer data.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@tatiang said:
    I definitely could be wrong but I don't think GameSalad provides the data you need to detect phone rotation on a flat plane (for example, as a top or merry-go-round might spin round and round).

I downloaded an app called Sensor Kinetics (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sensor-kinetics/id579040333) and watched live values for the Accelerometer, Gyroscope, and something called the Magnetometer. The Magnetometer seems the most promising but it also seems that Gyroscope data -- with a fair amount of massaging -- might work.

Unfortunately, GameSalad only provides Accelerometer data.

That’s kinda what I thought.