Screen size for iphone X

Hi everyone,

I'm new to gamesalad and wanted to make a game for iphoneX. However I'm not able to select an Iphone X in the 'Display selection'. What do you guys recommend?

Best Answer

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Posts: 1,685
    Accepted Answer

Welcome to the forums @erikmuusse

Are you planning on only building the game for the iPhone X and no other devices (not iPhone 7/8) or an Android device? This is important as you can't restrict the downloads to only a device like an iPhone X. With iOS you will have to support the 7/8 as well. The iPhone X has a different screen size to an iPhone 7/8. Whilst @bob loblaw has correctly showed you how it will look on a iPhone X, you need to build the game in either iPhone 6 or iPad mode and then publish using overscan. This will allow you to support the all iOS devices (iPad is an optional extra). Personally, I always build using the iPad landscape or Portrait as my main build and then place all important elements (like buttons, game play ect) in side the dimensions of a iPhone X. I will attach a template I use which and when used in an iPad project and placed at the co-ordidents 384x512 for portrait or 512x384 for landscape, it will visually show you what needs to be placed inside the "safe zone" (The iPhone X). This "safe zone" as I call it is the most inner lines in the image. If what I write is too confusing for you, just send me a message and ill walk you through it. Sometimes, these first few steps can seem daunting but you will pick it up easily with a little guidance. These forums are a great way to ask for help. We've all been there!

EDITED: Ive edited the image and named the lines for you. You should also make sure this image is placed in an actor that is 1024x768 or 768x1024 to work correctly an iPad based project!

Answers

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

create a custom resolution at the bottom of that menu of 812x375
    and preview on that.

you can use that method to test for android resolutions too.

• erikmuusseerikmuusse Member Posts: 2

@bob loblaw For some reason I don't have the option to add a custom resolution. Is this only available when you are pro?

edited August 2019
    • publish in overscan or stretch.

i personally prefer stretch with adjusted camera settings, as overscan crops the display.

@erikmuusse said:
    @bob loblaw For some reason I don't have the option to add a custom resolution. Is this only available when you are pro?

don’t know about the online version, but i think it’s a standard thing with the desktop version.