Flickering of certain numbers

helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Member, PRO Posts: 74

I have displayed some table entries on my screen (numbers) but some of them are flickering.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Yes, show how you're displaying the numbers. What do your rules look like? What is your Display Text behavior inside of?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Member, PRO Posts: 74

Hi, I'm just displaying the numerical contents of a table. Some entries flicker and some don't. It could be a windows problem. I'm using the same actor for all the entries. Thought this could be the problem but tried using new actors and got same result. Very confusing.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

So this happens when you create a new actor, drag it to the scene and add a single Display Text behavior with a single tableCellValue expression to the actor's rules? If that sometimes flickers then I would guess it's a bug of some sort.

There aren't any timers or rules around the Display Text behavior? You're not spawning any actors with Display Text?

I can think of many reasons flickering would occur but not if you're keeping things super simple.

Can you post a link to download a .zipped copy of the project file? I'm curious what might be causing it and whether or not it flickers on a Mac.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User