Loading Screen HELP

Hi all,

How do you take off, or change the "powered by gamesalad" screen that shows at start of your app? Do you have to be a Pro user for it to be taken off (if you can)? What if you subscription expires, will it show that screen again, or no?

Thanks

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

if you are a pro subscriber it shouldn’t be there, not if you’ve added your own screen during publishing - unless there’s a glitch.

also, once your project is on the app store, your subscription shouldn’t matter.

• SneakySneaky Member Posts: 20

What the... What am I suppose to do? -_-

@bob loblaw said:
    if you are a pro subscriber it shouldn’t be there, not if you’ve added your own screen during publishing - unless there’s a glitch.

also, once your project is on the app store, your subscription shouldn’t matter.

Where do I add my own screen then? In the creator, or at the publishing web page? Or..?

Thanks

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

During the publishing process at publish.gamesalad.com in the Custom Launch Image section.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@Sneaky said:

@bob loblaw said:

Where do I add my own screen then? In the creator, or at the publishing web page? Or..?

Thanks

what @tatiang said. when you publish, scroll down the gs screen and there’ll be areas on adding your custom splash screen and loading wheel image.

Ohhhh ok. Thanks everyone!

• Twayne2Twayne2 Member Posts: 458

I would just leave it there. It helps Gamesalad gain publicity, and they deserve more devs. paying for their services, since they have such a great tool, but also both that bit and whatever else you might substitute really don't last long. Gamesalad should really make that loading image last longer than it currently does. If you have a screen, (scene), after that, with your logo or whatever, you can make it last however long you want, but you still have that small blip at the beginning. Does it last longer for you guys? It lasts like less than a second for me.

It lasts for like just a quick sec for me.
    And I understand what you're saying, but I just feel that without it, it would make my game seem more pro looking? Like do games made with Unity, for example, have something saying Powered by Unity? Or like other top games. Idk, maybe it doesn't matter that it's there or not, and with what you just said about helping GameSalad, maybe you're right.

i think games published with the free version of unity have the unity splash screen.

Oh ok.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

So the shortness of the loading screen is due to removing some deprecated code related to how we were doing the loading screen.

Basically we had two loading screens:

• While the app was starting.
    • While the game was loading the first scene.

We were using some janky and or old logic to handle the transition between the two screens so I just removed the second screen for now. We hope to put it back in to better reflect what's going on sooner than later.