Freeing up memory?

helpingtogrowhelpingtogrow Member, PRO Posts: 74

I have an app that is very memory hungry with lots of images, tables and sounds. Is
there any way I can periodically free up memory to stop the problems of missing images
and sounds etc. from happening?
Thanks.

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Consider using multiple or more scenes. If you use multiple scenes, the previous scene and its contents is thrown out of memory when a new scene is loaded.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

@helpingtogrow said:
    I have an app that is very memory hungry with lots of images, tables and sounds. Is
    there any way I can periodically free up memory to stop the problems of missing images
    and sounds etc. from happening?

Are you sure it's memory that's the issue? iOS is very good at managing memory and when it gets too full and iOS can't clear enough out to continue the game normally just crashes. I've never seen missing images or sounds caused by lack of memory before, though can't say it never happens.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

i’ve got missing images from time to time after interstitial ads using admob (only started happening after one of the recent publishing updates). the actors are there, but images turn up blacked out after an ad or two.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

PM me a publishing link to the game so we can take a look. I imagine it's related to the move to all 64-bit if it's new. We didn't see any issues, but we also didn't do a lot of stress testing, just ad network / service testing.