Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Seems really fun but I had a hard time with the control stick. I think it's too small. Often when I was trying to vacuum up the ghost in the tutorial, I would think I was pulling to the left but the control stick showed that I was pulling to the right.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

^ that about the joystick.

will play some more later and give more feedback if i have any.

edited October 2019

The tutorial text could be just a wee bit larger. I know I'm old but on my iPhone 8, it's just barely readable.

I just tried to catch the second ghost in the tutorial and failed about twenty times, using the light first and then the vacuum.

Is the battery supposed to continually reset to 20 constantly as you are using items?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• gswondergswonder Member, PRO Posts: 14

Thanks you so much for the tips, I worked around them already, joystick was not updated in tutorial scene because is was not a prototype, so it was not working as smoothly as it is. I increase the size of text 5% too. As for the Battery, it will reset to 20 only during the tutorial to help the player finish the tutorial fast, I'll see if I change that or not by the next update.

TEMPLATES mydgs.co/gswonder TEMPLATES

I don't think you have to change the battery setting for the tutorial. I just found it a little confusing.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

impossible or way too difficult to catch ghost 2 in the tutorial level. very frustrating. i’m either just really bad with the controls, or you might want to think about relaxing some parameters a little to make it more playable.

I reduced ghosts aggressiveness in the tutorial and early levels of game, Also I keep testing and still believe is not that hard once you get to know how the catching works. in other words I'll see what I can do to better the tutorial. Thank you bob

@bob loblaw said:
    impossible or way too difficult to catch ghost 2 in the tutorial level. very frustrating. i’m either just really bad with the controls, or you might want to think about relaxing some parameters a little to make it more playable.

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member Posts: 88

Love the unique fun game mechanics and art. Pretty weird stuff in a good way. Like The show stranger things. However Bob is right, the second ghost shows up and bonks you on the head and runs away. And then he comes back at some random place or time and does the same. Maybe i am not quick enough with vaccum? Please tell us what is the secret. Also.... the footsteps are too loud. Blend the sounds better and you will be blowm away by your own game. Can you believe you made it?! And released it?! Congrats on that alone! (Now go fix it! Lol)

Yeah, the footsteps were annoying for me.

I like the game because it reminds me of Ghostbusters which I'm guessing is a main inspiration for you. Keep going with it... you have a great start! I can see a lot of work went into it already.

Will fix footsteps, thanks. Well, ghost become aggressive when you stare at them for a while or if you miss to catch them at first, so you have to flash them before the hit you or just avoid the hit and then flash. Remember you don't have to flash from behind or to close, they will get stunned easily and when they do they freeze for 2/2.5 seconds so you then hit the vacuum button to start the absorption. Thank you guy for playing the game and sharing your feedbacks.I'll keep updating from time to time.

Cheers,
    Edwin
    Cascipgames

@mikejamesfisher said:
    Love the unique fun game mechanics and art. Pretty weird stuff in a good way. Like The show stranger things. However Bob is right, the second ghost shows up and bonks you on the head and runs away. And then he comes back at some random place or time and does the same. Maybe i am not quick enough with vaccum? Please tell us what is the secret. Also.... the footsteps are too loud. Blend the sounds better and you will be blowm away by your own game. Can you believe you made it?! And released it?! Congrats on that alone! (Now go fix it! Lol)

@tatiang said:
    Yeah, the footsteps were annoying for me.

I like the game because it reminds me of Ghostbusters which I'm guessing is a main inspiration for you. Keep going with it... you have a great start! I can see a lot of work went into it already.