Apple Arcade Support

Hello,

I know this is a long shot, but since Apple Arcade is out now, are there any plans to support the required platforms (universal app for Apple TV, MacOS, and iOS) for submitting to it?

It seems like premium content is definitely shifting that direction, and it would be a huge plus if Gamesalad could support this.

Thanks!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

Comments

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523
  • BlackCloakBlackCloak Member, PRO Posts: 38

I am interested in what the requirements are for arcade. i went looking through apples docs but could not find anything

@BlackCloak
    The game must be available on all platforms (iOS, tvOS and Apple) and the progress of the game and its achievements must be able to synchronize between all these platforms.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,060

So progress is gonna have to be using a server behaviors, so that's up to the user. tvOS will take a bit more work.

@CasualEvolution is there a link you found with info where one can read more?

@adent42 said:
    So progress is gonna have to be using a server behaviors, so that's up to the user. tvOS will take a bit more work.

Hi @adent42 the progress must be saved on iCloud and be accessed in all platforms, and achievements trough Game Center.
    That is to say, gs has to be able to export on iOS, tvOS and Apple, and also be able to access icloud and game center on all those platforms.

@BlackCloak said:
    @CasualEvolution is there a link you found with info where one can read more?

Hi @BlackCloak I did not obtain this information from a link, but working directly in an arcade game of which I cannot say anything because we are under NDA (we develop with our own engine or Unity, I use Gs in my personal projects)

@CasualEvolution Ok , thank your for the info you could provide. I understand about being under an NDA

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,060

Hm. So we either need a way to have save table save to iCloud or support 'save to icloud' with the save table values. Thanks.

@CasualEvolution is this through CloudKit?

@adent42 said:
    @CasualEvolution is this through CloudKit?

@adent42 yes with CloudKit :)