Email and Password Breeched

I just received a notice from Creditwise that my email and password were breeched from gamesalad.com on Nov 15, 2019, found on the Dark web.. It says my password was Exposed. Was this a site-wide breech of multiple accounts, and if so what is being done to address this breech?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Changing my password now... thanks for the heads-up.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Really? Again? If true, GS have a duty to protect our personal info by law, if they are not securing up after the last breach, they could get into serious trouble as this surely breaking data protection laws as they are clearly not protection our personal info.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,058

If it's what I've been seeing around, it's the same breach from February.

The list was behind a dark web paywall before, but some other crackers grabbed the list, reversed any hashes they could and released it for free.

We've updated how we store password hashes (salted bcrypt hashes) since then, so afaik a new breach would not have new passwords.

I will, of course, check to make sure, but the few places I've seen the list it's for a version of the list from February.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

cheers @adent42