GS crashing when importing audio

Not sure if this is a known issue with the current build but GS keeps crashing when I import audio clip. Tried several times.

Comments

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Hello @sinbot!

Can you give me some more information? Specifically:

1. When you say latest GS build, are you referring to 1.25.96?

2. Which method are you using to import the audio file? (i.e dragging and dropping the audio file into the library, or using the plus button to manually select which file to import)

3. Can you PM me the audio file you're trying to import so I can run some tests on my end?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@sinbot we do some audio file conversion during import if it's not of a known format (i.e. if you're using mp3 on Mac it will convert to ogg or m4a depending on how you respond to the prompt).

Also let ForumNinja know what OS version you're running.

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

I'm running the 1.25.96 with Catalina 10.15

I used the + icon to manually load.

The audio file is a 4 second MP3

I tried loading as a sound and as music just to see what happens. Program crashes but it looks like the file is there upon reopening.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Yah, that's probably it. The system is crashing on the mp3 conversion. I'll try it on our end with some random mp3 files.

If I can't reproduce, please be prepared to provide a link to the mp3 so we can see if there's something going on with that particular file.

Thanks!

There's a fix available. Just re-download the .96 RC.

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

awesome ; ) ty