Can I use logic after being a garageband user?

Are these two apps similar? I have been using Garageband for years, since I did not have the budget for a DAW, and FL Studio did not appease me much. Do you think garageband and Logic are similar so I can go ahead and invest in the latter?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I think you're posting a question about music production software in an app developer forum.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

being this person’s first post, i’m wondering if they’ll follow up with a post containing spam links like there’s been a bunch of times before.

• richardx49richardx49 Member Posts: 1

@shreyamathur651 said:
    Are these two apps similar? I have been using Garageband for years, since I did not have the budget for a DAW, and FL Studio did not appease me much. Do you think garageband and Logic are similar so I can go ahead and invest in the latter?

As I have used both, Garageband and Logic, I can say that they are quite identical in regards to the functionality they provide. However, I still feel that Garageband has a slight edge over Logic, it give better performance.

But if you have shifted to windows, I don't think you can run Garageband on it. Can you?

• shreyamathur651shreyamathur651 Member Posts: 4

@richardx49 said:

@shreyamathur651 said:

As I have used both, Garageband and Logic, I can say that they are quite identical in regards to the functionality they provide. However, I still feel that Garageband has a slight edge over Logic, it give better performance.

But if you have shifted to windows, I don't think you can run Garageband on it. Can you?

Thanks! For Your Suggestions. For windows, You can download the VMware application on your Windows PC and after that you can use garageband on it. Here is the complete tutorial on that.
    Cheers!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@jamie_c said:
    @bob loblaw Looks like you might be right, some tag team spam maybe? :)

hahaa seems that way.

• ankilaankila Member Posts: 2

@bob loblaw @jamie_c Lol, but while you are at it, I tried following this process if you had a chance to try this process, and got garageband on my PC but I am not able to find APK file of the Catalina OS, everywhere its only sierra, so any google drive link or stuff for that?

• ankilaankila Member Posts: 2

I see these YouTubers getting APK versions before Apple launching OS all the time but I can't seem to find it. Also, that APK only wokrs in Mac or is good for windows too, I don't know I am alittle new to this, I made me a PC desktop without thinking the apps I am addicted too in my macbook. I am kinda stuck now.

@bob loblaw said:
    being this person’s first post, i’m wondering if they’ll follow up with a post containing spam links like there’s been a bunch of times before.

@bob loblaw I am not any bot :(

@ankila said:
    @bob loblaw @jamie_c Lol, but while you are at it, I tried following this process if you had a chance to try this process, and got garageband on my PC but I am not able to find APK file of the Catalina OS, everywhere its only sierra, so any google drive link or stuff for that?

@ankila Once Download the VMware Or VirtualBox from their official site ( They are totally free ) and after that follow up the procedure.

• jefjam7812jefjam7812 Member Posts: 4

FL Studio is Always Recommended! 

• davis1296qdavis1296q Member Posts: 3

Yes, Why Not. You can Use Any One WHich You Want. Personally I am Using Audacity. it is Totally Free And I loved it.

• singhmeith75singhmeith75 Member Posts: 2

I am using FL studio and Audacity.