performance question

If I have a 1024x768 scene and I move the actors out of the scene, is it as if they were not there or they weigh down the game anyway?
In case they weigh it down do it less or equal?
These would be instances because they should not be present immediately but at the same time from what I understand they cannot be spawned. I wonder how many I could prepare off the screen

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

The actors will still run their code even if they cannot be seen. If you need to, you can destroy them instead.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

@tatiang said:
    The actors will still run their code even if they cannot be seen. If you need to, you can destroy them instead.

Hi again friend the most comfortable thing would have been to destroy and spawn those actors but everything is connected to a problem that I had raised a few days ago here in this link I I have attached a file in the third post could you please have a look at it? I don't understand if it is a bug or not, if it is not a bug it seems to me a great limitation of gamesalad and I would be forced to use only instances making everything much more complicated

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I can't open your files. They just get converted to how constrain.zip.cpgz.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

@tatiang said:
    I can't open your files. They just get converted to how constrain.zip.cpgz.

I put it back I think you should be able to open it if there are problems tomorrow I can put the code stamps thx