19:9 aspect ratio?

trying to change my game to modern android aspect ratios

unfortunately it's greyed out in the game attributes tab

is there any way around this, aside from changing camera size and shrinking Y-size of all actors.

Comments

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

This a very basic feature, and the last option I have is iPhone 6!!!

Come on guys, we're on the verge of iPhone 12 right now.

and all modern phones have become tall.

This is unacceptable.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

have you had a look at the beta version of gs (.96)?

what exactly is it you’re trying to do though? build a game only available on a 19:9? if you’re doing universal builds, you’re going to need to some tinkering with the camera and some actors to adjust to the users device.

you should also be able to view a custom resolution on the creator for your target device. although one feature i would like to see added to the creator is to be able to save custom resolutions so we don’t need to re-enter them each time we preview.

what exactly is it you’re trying to do though?

I want to create a resolution where black bars are less evident in "Letterbox" mode.

I can do this now by changing the camera size to 19:9 and choosing strech during publish, but the problem is it will be streched to the end of the screen (including notches) which I'm trying to avoid.

Only way to avoid the notch is to publish using "Letterbox" with a 19:9 or at least 18:9 aspect ratio of the display size. So the game appears with minimum black bars.

Is there any method to do this manually? Since the only option I have in GS is the outdated iPhone 6 aspect ratio.

Or I could simply publish streched and make sure the top area within the game is always empty..

If anyone has a better suggestion please share :smile:

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

build on 4:3 (ipad), each scene minimum 1700px wide, use stretch, and use a rule to change the camera width to be 19:9 relative to the height. your actors won’t stretch, they’ll stay the same size - and it’ll work on everything.

can you share a few screen shots showing the notch issue?

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Re -entering custom resolutions EVERY time is a real pain. Hopefully this will be fixed soon...