Slow down the scene except an actor

Hola! some time ago I found a post in which someone explained how to make the actors on the scene almost stop (slowing down a lot) but leaving their actor at his normal speed.
It was a very smart and elegant way to do it, but I can't find that discussion anymore -___- '
Anyone know what I'm saying?

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793
    edited February 2020

you mean like say in a platformer, if the player activated a switch, the player’s movement would stay the same but everything else slowed down? edit: or like pac-man when you eat a power ball and the ghosts slow down.

just thinking off the top of my head, maybe use a global real attribute that is preset to 1 and is used on all actors that you need to change (call it motionFactor for this example)

so in an enemy, all it’s motion and gravity logic would be set as whatever speed, *motionFactor. then whatever triggers the slower speed, like a switch, would have a rule saying when..... change motionFactor to 0.5, or whatever rate you want to slow down by. you would also need to put logic in there to return motionFactor back to 1 (eg. a timer or event trigger).

if i get a chance later i’ll have a play and try slap together a demo.

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

@bob loblaw said:
    you mean like say in a platformer, if the player activated a switch, the player’s movement would stay the same but everything else slowed down? edit: or like pac-man when you eat a power ball and the ghosts slow down.

just thinking off the top of my head, maybe use a global real attribute that is preset to 1 and is used on all actors that you need to change (call it motionFactor for this example)

so in an enemy, all it’s motion and gravity logic would be set as whatever speed, *motionFactor. then whatever triggers the slower speed, like a switch, would have a rule saying when..... change motionFactor to 0.5, or whatever rate you want to slow down by. you would also need to put logic in there to return motionFactor back to 1 (eg. a timer or event trigger).

if i get a chance later i’ll have a play and try slap together a demo.

Hi thank you very much for the answer, but I had imagined this method too, sorry if I didn't mention it in the first post! Weeks ago I had read a post in which it was dealt with in a different way, and I thought "wow I will sign it" but my sign has been lost -___- 'I tried to find it but it seems to be looking for a needle in the haystack there are 1490 pages forum, and I stumbled upon it by chance via google, if I find it I will notify

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

So I searched again but I can no longer find that discussion even through the forum search
    I just remember that someone replied with "I use it in my game for blabla" and gave a solution, and I was convinced that this solution was better
    Then I found other threads where the answer is always the same, the one you gave me. At this point I think I'll try with your method. I was probably just drunk: /