First Game (Jump_Knight) released

I posted my first game. This is a take on the endless runner genre. Let me know what you think.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/jump-knight/id1498393438

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

not bad. the tap to start should have a larger contact area, and it could probably do with an instructions bit (i didn’t see one). also, are you planning to monetise it? wouldn’t hurt to put a full screen ad in there every 5-10 goes.

• jcastanley@gmail.comjcastanley@gmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 4

I am currently working on a larger contact area now. That has been the # 1 complaint. I have it sent to do a full screen ad every three retry's. Did this work for you? Instructions aren't a bad idea, I'll look at doing a quick how to while playing with the ability to turn off.

Thank you for the Feedback

edited February 2020

i didn’t see any ads.

i’ll take a look again later and if they work i’ll tap a couple.

so every few goes i get a black screen with the words ‘return to game’ in the bottom right corner, no ad though.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

ads work now. only thing i’d say is if you can parallax scroll the background layers it’ll make it look a little better.
    also, is the sword meant to do anything?

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member, PRO Posts: 88

Nice artwork and the right amount of challenge for sure. Does it get even harder? I can only pass 5-10 run throughs before i crash.... i am curious about the twitter button. It opened my communications tab and I selected twitter and it opened twitter but it didnt include a link or ad for the game. I didnt even know it was possible to do anything like this. Which behavior is that? Is there a way to Automatically add link once twitter is opened?

@bob loblaw it was supposed to be an achievement but for some reason I couldn’t get the iTunes connect to the this new achievement. I am going to update and take the chime away since many people have asked me if it does anything

@mikejamesfisher

This should just be the post to twitter behavior. I am not sure how it works if you don’t have twitter or the app. I have both so it just worked.