Viewing an old Gamesalad Project

thnkgreenthnkgreen Member Posts: 5

Hello everyone. I created two games using Gamesalad back in 2014. Neither did very well, and so I gave up on my dream of game development. Still, the project files are available in my account on the GS website. I wanted to show a coworker recently what I made at one time, but I cannot for the life of me figure out an easy way to "play" my old games. Both were designed for iPhone 5, and I am wondering if there is an emulator or something else that will play old Gamesalad projects, looking just like the game would have when originally played on an iPhone? Thanks!!

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

You can try to download the GameSalad Viewer on the App Store. This allows you to use the GameSalad Online Publisher to get a QR code and scan it in the Viewer app to play the game on your phone.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gamesalad-viewer/id907513115

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Depending on the features used, you can also try loading it into the web version of the tool (https://creator.gamesalad.com). The publishing server's converter might be able to make enough sense of things. But I'd try @Braydon_SFX idea first.

• thnkgreenthnkgreen Member Posts: 5

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will try

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Did you have any success?

My apologies for not responding a lot sooner. This was not my intention. I have tried adent42's solution first, trying to preview my game using the previewer under creator.gamesalad.com. The initial launch screen of my game opens like it used to, but then a white circle just spins. I'm not sure if this is how the preview is supposed to work, or if it is stuck.

Also I should mention, I do not currently have a license to use Gamesalad. Could that be the issue? Do you have to have a current license in order to use the previewer?