How do I make Custom Collision Shapes?

Hey all.

Any idea how I should be creating my custom collision shapes? Because for me it's not working.

Currently I'm using PhysicsBodyEditor, but the software itself only works half the time and now my .json collision shapes aren't working properly in the GS engine even though they appear to work just fine when tested in the body editor.

Any help (and preferably an alternative physics body creator - but only if you genuinely think it's better) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Answers

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

i’ve never had issues with it. has your problem just started with the most recent build?

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Do you get an error when importing or they just don't collide? Do you have a sample .json you can show us?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Cutscene EntertainmentCutscene Entertainment Member, PRO Posts: 138
    edited March 2020

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Do you get an error when importing or they just don't collide? Do you have a sample .json you can show us?

@bob loblaw said:
    i’ve never had issues with it. has your problem just started with the most recent build?

Thank you for your replies.

I took a long break from using Gamesalad and am just recently coming back to it for some quick prototype testing, so I don't know wether or not the latest build has anything to do with it. The .json imports fine, but then the collision does not function properly. Here- I'm uploading both the .json file as well as the png with which it's supposed to be associated. Please note that the .json is supposed to only represent a small rectangular field of contact roughly the width of the character's head.

Also:
    The attached file 'fighter.jpeg' is actually a .json file- I just had to rename the extension so that I could upload it here. You can just change it back to .json should you decide to download and investigate.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793
    edited April 2020

@Cutscene Entertainment said:

Also:
    The attached file 'fighter.jpeg' is actually a .json file- I just had to rename the extension so that I could upload it here. You can just change it back to .json should you decide to download and investigate.

hi. sorry. only got around to this last night.

your json file pretty much did nothing when I tried to use it.

for whatever reason, PBE won't work on my iMac running Catalina (might be something to do with java, but might be Catalina), so I made a new collision on my other machine (running high Sierra) based on your sprite, and then imported it to the newest v of Mac desktop creator. seems to work ok. I have attached a zip of it for you.