Sand Balls (Wheres my Water) type gameplay (?)

Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Hello Community,

Had spare few minutes and wanted to expand away from Grids and Tables for a little bit.

I was experimenting with the draw your path for things to fall into type gameplay.

Has anyone done something like this before? and if so, and hints on some good approaches.

Below is what I have done thus far, but its quite basic logic, and will need some fine tuning to maybe even considering using further.

My problems are, Not sure best way to "Draw the path". At the moment, I am just spawning a bunch of circles (light brown).

For the collisions:
For each circle that is spawned - it is spawning a collide square on either end of it.
Each circle is changing its rotation form vector to angle from the previous spawned circle and its current position.

Then for each collide square, I am checking to see if it overlaps with the Path Circle, and than destroys self if true.

However - as seen in below image, it doesn't always destroy it self.

My next step could be to work out some math equations to limit the distancing of the circles, and and the collide squares to be more strategically placed to avoid having to be destroyed.

Let me know if you have any ideas, or did it another way.

Best,
Two.E

Comments