Is there a reasonably simple way to scroll txt?

sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

I have some txt prompts that I would like to have slowly scroll. Sort of like how a news marquee might look. In other words, txt in a box that scrolls but the actor itself remains in place.

Any way to do this without real heavy logic involved?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited April 2020

Sure! Here's a demo. I wasn't sure how to do this efficiently but I think this works pretty well. Granted, it relies on actor and text color settings but I think you could do something more flexible with layered actors.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Here's version 2 that includes another, slightly more complicated but also more flexible way to do this.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

These are awesome! So in the 2nd one is the idea that the txt is destroying when it reaches a certain height? That would be necessary for my particular use. Or better yet, interpolate the txt to 0 color.

Is there a way to make the table repeat? I tried using a loop but didn't seem to work at all.> @tatiang said:

Here's version 2 that includes another, slightly more complicated but also more flexible way to do this.

@sinbot said:
    These are awesome! So in the 2nd one is the idea that the txt is destroying when it reaches a certain height? That would be necessary for my particular use. Or better yet, interpolate the txt to 0 color.

Yes, it gets destroyed when it's a certain height above the starting text block actor (which spawns copies of itself below it).

Is there a way to make the table repeat? I tried using a loop but didn't seem to work at all.

Yes... but I just threw this together off the top of my head so I'm not sure how you'd do that.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Here is the text continuing to loop. Its the exacts same idea as @tatiang

• sinbotsinbot Member Posts: 232

Excellent stuff guys! Thank you so much. Integrating this right now into my app and learning something new ; ) > @Two.E said:

Here is the text continuing to loop. Its the exacts same idea as @tatiang