The Dots - Looking for feedback / ideas for improvements!

gpoppigpoppi Member, PRO Posts: 47

Made this game over the past two weeks and I'm looking for feedback / suggestions for improvements!

Comments

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Great job finishing your first(?) game!!

Really like the idea of having to upgrade the dot to be able to survive longer.

Wish you all the best with it!

• Two.E
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Very cool! Love the icon!

Congrats on getting this released! I'll download this evening!

• mikejamesfishermikejamesfisher Member, PRO Posts: 88

Nice game! Congrats!

I was in tutorial on second page, and wanted to go back to first page to reread it. I either hit it again or it bugged out And i found myself at menu so i pressed play again and tutorial did not show up.... ah I just found tutorial in menu. But instead of the quit button in same spot as back button, perhaps move the quit button. Obviously not a big deal or even common for someone to be hitting back button(my reading comprehension is reprehensible).

i found the tilt mechanism and loved it more than the touch mechanism. Felt more real or something. Perhaps present the options right away. I wouldn't have known about that better option had i not been looking for tutorial. I am not sure the touch option is even necessary... you could theme the game around things that slide like a penguin on ice or something. (I usually like to have a reason to avoid getting killed).

But in any case I definitely recommend a death visualization like the cracked disk on the menu screen when you get hit. And a sound. There may be a faint explosion i am hearing but not sure.

Overall its fun and thats what matters most. And it looks pro. Congrats!