Programming Logic Question

Miss ChuiMiss Chui Member, PRO Posts: 50

Hello, I used the GameSalad table to show pictures. I put all the pictures name in a column, and I have an actor used to show picture, and another actor to be a button. Every time when I press the button actor, the picture actor will show different pictures (follow the order from the table). That is work.

However, after that, I want to add one more column in the table, this column shows the boolean value (True or False) of each picture, and I am going to make a new button that, every time I press the button actor, the picture actor will show the True value pictures. Maybe all of you think this logic is easy and easy to program it (I think so), but I tried many many times and tried different ways to program it, it is still failed😔 I am so sad for this.......Could anyone please help, thanks in advance.

Answers

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Can you post pictures of how your behaviors are currently set up for this?

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

I did not understand what you would like to do exactly, there is a column with the true or false value

When is this value true and when is it false?

• Miss ChuiMiss Chui Member, PRO Posts: 50

^ The above is the behaviors for the new button. (The purpose of the button is: every time i press the button, the picture actor will show the TRUE status picture.)

And below is the behaviors for the Picture actor.

Thanks in advance.

Those values are set by myself.

Let me give an example for my question: I have five pictures named PicA, PicB, PicC, PicD, PicE. I've already made a button that, every time when I press the button actor, the picture actor will display different pictures (display PicA after my first pressing the button; display PicB after my second pressing the button; display PicC after my third pressing the button, etc).

However, after that, I marked status for these five pictures, for example, PicA:TRUE, PicB:FALSE, PicC:FALSE, PicD:TRUE, PicE:TRUE. And I want to make a new button that, every time when i press the new button actor, the picture actor will display TRUE picture. (display PicA after my first pressing the button; display PicD after my second pressing the button; display PicE after my third pressing the button, etc)

Thanks in advance.

edited August 2020

Unfortunately I never understood how to use the loop function :D

However, I have created something that allows you to jump to the preset photo. Hope it can help you. Probably more experienced users can help you with better methods

Thank you very much for your reply and files. Could I know how can I open your project? I have already unzip your zip file, I found the picture files but could not find the GameSalad Project file. Thanks a lot in advance.

I don't know I downloaded it from here and I see the file. It is a .zip folder with the project inside.

Maybe you use mac and need to rename it from gsproj to gsuser?