GS Windows - Multiple Projects

HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Here's a weird one for ya.

Unfortunately I'm back on GS Windows for the foreseeable future, GS Mac's inferior cousin. Can anyone work out how to multi-screen GS Windows? I need to open multiple projects at once and I know you can do it on a Mac, but I can't seem to do it on PC. It just replaces the current project with the new open you're opening.

Otherwise it's a small nightmare trying to open one project, screenshot all the values and rules, and write into the new project when it closes.

Thanks!

Comments

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

I use windows, I don't know if you can open more projects.

But you can copy and paste a group from one project to another.

If you have an actor with many rules you can enclose them all in a group - copy - open the new project - paste.

This can help you to save time, certainly many attributes would not be in your new project and therefore by pasting they would not come, you should add them first , if it's a long list of attributes maybe you can copy the attributes from the file into the old project folder and paste them into the new one. Try some tests

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436
    edited August 2020

The right click and then left click doesn't work anymore? I am going to try it and see. And edit this post if it doesn't work.

i checked on my clunky PC and I have two instances of GameSalad. If you follow the icon on your desktop on your pc on my machine it goes to ../AppData/. And in my computer apparently at some point I made a copy of the folder called "Live" and named it "Live2". I have 2 shortcuts from the 2 live folders and I am able to launch 2 instances. I didn't test if I can copy and paste but I can't see why not. I have not used this machine in over a year and I am old so I don't remember if I could.

Adrian

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Thanks @adriangomez this did the trick.