I need advice with Ads

I have been quiet for a long time and now I am taking courage to push it and close a couple of games that I have advanced, but I have some doubts!

The game that I published a long time ago used rewarded video Ads from Chartboost ... to tell the truth, I did not see that only 1 dollar was generated ... which has generated many doubts.

Now is available (yeah!) IronSource, what has been your experience? What AD server are you currently using? what is recommended?

I would like to incorporate video Ads, rewarded video Ads and for the first time banner Ads ... all the artillery! What has been your experience of banners compared to videos?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

On Ironsouce, I only use Facebook, Tapjoy and Admob (as a stop gap) for rewarded and interstitial. For banner I add Chartboost and Amazon to the mix. I have also tried Applovin, Vungle, Ironsource, AdColony, and Unity but either their fill rate are super low (Applovin), their eCPM is near 0 (AdColony, Unity) or their ecpm is 0 (Vungle, Ironsource). But you might have better luck than me.

Here is a typical banner day for 1 of my apps and you can also see my waterfall:

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

On Ironsource I've used Admob, Applovin, Chartboost & Unity Ads.

Unity Ads has performed best for me (highest eCPM), though fill rates can be low. Admob has also worked well for me and fill rates are always good. Chartboost I just can't seem to get working and Applovin has performed poorly.

Looking at the results above I think I will be giving Facebook ads a go too!

@adriangomez - There doesn't appear to be an option for Amazon ad mediation on Android in the GS publishing portal, as far as you're aware is Amazon ads only available for mediation when we publish to iOS?

Amazon only works on iOS as far as I am aware, but I will take a look on my next update.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Amazon should be available on Android if you use the Kindle target.

@adent42 Not much luck for me an and the Kindle target. I forgot why but next time I try it, I will let you know.

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Thanks for your answers, I have a newbie question, when using IronSource can I use all the Ads networks that it offers only by creating an account in it? Or do I have to create and configure each network in their respective pages and then connect everything in Ironsource (how lazy I am!)?

@DigiChain I am not able to make Chartboost work with the latest RC version. Also need to add Network I never added before. It is what it is, I'll try the new ones I am forced to add.

@CasualEvolution You have to go to every provider create an account. Then back to Ironsource and enter all the information that it asks you for. Let me know if that answers your question. And yes it is a lot of work for some of these.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@adriangomez are you having trouble with Chartboost on iOS or Android? We specifically tested on iOS since the last RC was for banner ads on Chartboost on iOS and a new version of Chartboost.

@adent42 On iOS everything works fine for me. On Android currently I can't get ads to work for:

-- Adcolony: An error regarding localhost unprotected url being blocked.

-- Chartboost: No internet connection. This is a known issue with the version.

-- Inmobi: Not all dependencies included.

-- Facebook: Random error I had not seen before.

This is not a big deal for me (there many adapters that work), but if it is a priority for you I can get you the actual errors for the adapters above.

We're going to start working on the android updates soon, so I'll check back in with you after that.

• supernovagamessupernovagames Member Posts: 19

Android ads with Admob are not working. Rewarded and interstitial ads show no impressions.

Also Android leaderboards are not getting the posted updates.