GameSalad login with GameSpark

Comments

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

amazing work! I did it and its working perfectly! thank you for the video.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

Please remember that GameSpark is still free for up to 100 concurrent active users. Great for small projects of any type if you need a backend with a javascript engine and a mongo db, I can't think of a cheaper option. Although I use live instances (1000 CCU)) for my games, I should mention that my game with over 5K monthly average users peaks at around 20 concurrent users. And last time I checked had over 13K registered users. Mileage my vary depending on how many connections you do and how frequently.

As requested: How to save a user table to and from GameSpark from GameSalad.

The script can be found here:

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

Hi @adriangomez

The videos are great. Are you able to provide a video on how to set this up from beginning on a newly created account?

Example, when I created an account and logged in, it wants you to define a game and presents you with "Platform Features", "Integrations" and "Currencies". In trying to send and receive table data only for a high score table, which of these items needs to be defined?

@Chris Fitsimons Sure. I'll update this space when I have it.

Video for creating an instance of GameSpark for GameSalad:

https://youtu.be/9MQSPPUStKM

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

Many thanks for your awesome support.

How to save and retrieve shared tables (the previous videos where about retrieving and sharing unique per user tables):

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

hi @adriangomez thanks for the videos, i have never been into multiplayer games, maybe later i will try, i watched some parts of your videos, for now without even having a gamespark account on hand I can't follow very well.

One day I would like to be able to insert mechanics like "I have 2 users, one has 5 apples, send one to the other user" I don't know if these dynamics are addressed in your videos.

For now, however, I wanted to better understand the issue of 100 concurrent active users.

Does it mean that if I have 101 users, one of them cannot log in?

Or does it mean that if I have 101 users, 100 can send an apple at the same time, but 101 would receive a sending error at that moment? Or else I didn't understand? : D

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

This is the right answer.."Or does it mean that if I have 101 users, 100 can send an apple at the same time, but 101 would receive a sending error at that moment"

It's 100 server actions at the same time so you can even have 5k users and if 100 of them will never send/receive data at the same time everything will work without errors and all the 5k users can use the server.

I'm using Gamesparks too and all of his videos are working perfectly for me, thanks Adrian you are amazing! [=

@nir3112 Thank you for the kind words.

As @nir3112 mentioned, it is concurrent users. So 100 players can send a request at a time. Those requests have a 15 seconds time limit. So technically you have 400 users a minute in the low end (60 seconds / 15 * 100). But requests take milliseconds at most so the number is much higher. The current script that I have shared currently runs under 30ms on my live game. This means technically I can have 1000s of requests in a second (it never even gets close to that).

You mention sending an apple to 100 users and multiplayer. When I mentioned multiplayer I meant turn-based multiplayer: Player 1 opens games play a move and waits for Player 2 to log in.

In the GameSparks term of services 100 (or even 5) players connected at the same time transmitting data between them in real-time is not allowed at the free tier and not even at the $300 / month tier. They will ban you and finding anybody at Amazon (they own GameSparks) to re-instate your account is difficult if not impossible (especially since the service is free). So I would stay away from any scheme of trying to create a real-time multiplayer system on GameSparks unless you pay for the enterprise subscription.

What you can do of course is have 1 user log in and send an apple to whoever. It could be 1000s or 10000s. And when those players log in they would get their apples and can send other apples.

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157
    edited January 2021

I understand thanks for the clarification @nir3112 @adriangomez

However, it would be possible to have a "refresh" button so that the user who receives the apple can simply press the refresh button at any time to see if he has received something, is this allowed?

What I mean is receiving immediately for everyone, but you simply need to reload the game

As far as I know yes. Especially if that refresh has some sort of timer attached to it. Maybe they can only press it after 1 minute or after 5 minutes.