App Binary RC 1.25.20201210 - Android Ad Updates, Google Billing Client, iOS
To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.
For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.
- Target API 29
- Min API 21
- Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.3.0.
- Use Google Billing Client 3.0 instead of deprecated AIDL billing library.
- IronSrc 184.108.40.206 and all mediated networks.
- Admob 19.4.0
- Chartboost 8.1.0
- Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings.
- Fixed bug where FireTV would pause on launch leading to app reviewers to think the game has frozen.
- Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
- IronSrc Banner Ad Support
- Chartboost Banner Ad Support
- Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings
- Deployment target of iOS 12.1 with SDK 13.x
- Update to IronSrc 220.127.116.11
- IronSrc now includes all mediated networks except HyperMX
- Update to Chartboost 8.3.1
- Update to Admob 7.65.0
- Enable with the Enable Ad Network Attribution publishing option.
- Support requestTrackingAuthorizationWithCompletionHandler
- Support SKAdNetworkItems / SKAdNetworkIdentifier in publishing.
- Support paymentQueue listener for App Store promotion purchases of IAP (untested).
- Fix landscape loading image issue
- Fix interstitial ad display
- Updated code to avoid potential crashes from background updates from IAP and GameCenter
- Accelerometer updates 1/30 of a second rather than 1/60, to hopefully better march old behavior.
- Fixed Admob Banner Ad sizing
- Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
- Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage
- Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat)
For subscription support on Google Play you will need to do a few things:
- Add the subscription product id to your Purchase Table. You can't set it to subscription. Treat it as a non-consumable.
- Check a Subscriptions Present checkbox in the Google Services tab.
Google requires we get purchase info for subscriptions separately from regular IAP items. Because we can't yet enable subscriptions as an IAP type in the tool (Windows will take a bit to update), we've added this flag. If it's not check, Subscription IAP info won't be queried and they won't work. So check this box if you want to try subscriptions early. With some new requirements for subscriptions on Google's side, you will need to manually track in the app with your own table if a user has an expired or paused subscription. You will need to track such things on your own server.
Once we get past some other releases like fixing Creator for Big Sur and Android Expansion files, we'll look into getting some sample code and tutorial on how to manage subscriptions an IAP on a server (possibly in conjunction with building an IAP server service to make it all easier on you).