is it possible to sort the tables by typing the letters?

Hi everyone, if I have a table with many words, for example 1000, it is possible to type a letter, for example R to see the words starting with R in alphabetical order, then by typing the second letter for example E, to see the words that start with RE in alphabetical order and so on?

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

It's not too difficult to do this for a small word list, but definitely becomes problematic with a huge one.

Here's a broad method that works okay with small lists but will fail with big ones (as the loop will complete before the whole list is checked). If your list is really big you'd need to adapt it to not "move on" from a check until it is completed.

I'd say this is not worth the effort to do properly with a big list, personally, but is definitely possible.

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

Mythical Armelline, that's just what I had in mind, thank you very much !!!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

If your list is big, you probably want to track where each letter starts, and point the search to startn from the first typed letter rather than searching the whole table like happens in my example. Hope it helps, though!

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

Thanks for the advice, I'll try! Actually for now I will just take a cue from here to try to implement a similar system in another thing, this will definitely help me, thanks a lot again !!!