Possible GDPR violation for your app - email received!

DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,239

Hi, I’ve received an email/report today indicating possible GDPR compliance issues with some of my games.

The games are setup following the Gamesalad GDPR guide (using a custom GDPR form in the first scene which then sets the variable 'privateDataConsentForAds' to 0 or 1 depending on the users choice).

The report seems to indicate that the games are sharing the Android Advertising ID with advertising networks before any GDPR selection has been made (when the 'privateDataConsentForAds' is still set to -1).

The games are using the Ironsource ad network and were published fairly recently using the RC.

@adent42 - is this something we need to worry about? Something that needs fixing?

*** The email/report has come from CISPA (Helmholtz Center for Information Security), a German Science Institute. I’ve checked them out and it seems legit.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 2,054

@DigiChain iOs or Android (helps me track stuff down faster). Thanks!

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,239

It's Android - but I don't think they are analysing iOS so may be an iOS problem too. They've analysed a number of my apps and they all have been flagged with the same issue.

@adent42 - I'll PM you a link to the reports. They give more detail on how the apps were tested.