Apk problem

Hi all,

I just generated and signed a apk file for the first time on my pc.

When I test the apk on my samsung s10 the screen is zoomed in and a lot of buttons are outside the screen.

Earlier versions signed on a mac, the game worked fine.

Is this a problem because of my pc, something I did wrong with the signing or another problem?

Cheers,

Z.

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

are your build settings and universal adjustments right?

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

What kind of settings do you mean?

In my portfolio on Gamesalad.com I see nothing I can adjust regarding screen size and in my game in GS I didnt change anything since the last time someone else generated a apk on his mac when it worked fine.

Does it have something to do with a stretch option?

I cant find it anywhere on GS pc.

if you build on a screen size, then view it on a different screen size, it won’t display right unless you make adjustments to your scenes to adjust the display. there’s a few different options to adjust using stretch (needs camera size adjustment logic to work) or overscan (which crops the display).

the gs publish page should have a section where you pick which option you use.

Ah thanks man.

I didnt see the options for stretch on the publishing page.

Now the apk wont install on my phone :(

have you updated your phone recently? or maybe need to change the minimum sdk (i think that’s it on the publishing page).

Its not the phone because apk made via mac does work.

Must be some windows 7 bug or something.

Hopefully adent42 has the solution.

Thanks anyway man.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

Hey, APK signing hasn't been updated on Windows yet. Though signing shouldn't have anything to do with functionality as it only seems to matter to Google when you submit to the play store.

You may need to PM me your publishing link and the broken signed APK so I can see what's up.

Cheers.

• noman113noman113 Member Posts: 1

you can download from this site