Issue with Keystore signing

Hello, I'm trying to sign my game but can't understand why I get this error.

I'm 100% sure the password is ok since I made something like 20 differents tests (even with easy combinaisons)

I tried with same password than Keystore and with differents, but still the same error.

Also can someone tell me where I can see the console? Maybe this could help me.

Many thanks

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

what button did you press to generate your apk?

I literally just moved my android build stuff onto my iMac a few minutes ago (had been using the MacBook to sign things) and it worked for me.

on the gs publish page, from build rc, when I click the sign process link, it takes me to that screen, but instead of jarsigner it asks me for the location of apksigner.

when you generated your keystore, for some reason it asks you for two seperate passwords (like its the key turning thing from a Cold War nuclear bunker), if you haven't got both right from when you generated your keystore, it won't work. if you've forgotten your second password, you may need to generate a new keystore. when I did mine a while back, I found using keystore explorer a quick way of doing it - if you need to go that path. also, if you do need to generate another keystore, use the same password for both keystore and chosen key.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

@bobloblaw is 100% correct. You have to type 2 passwords. Just 2 days ago, I forgot the second password and spent an entire day typing in random passwords until I figured it out. In my case because of my dumb security concerns I made the second password different than the first one. The good news is that it doesn't lock after x number of attempts so keep trying.

Once you give up, if you have not published your game just create a new key (not a new keystore).

• boolsisboolsis Member, PRO Posts: 29

Hey all, I have a somewhat related question. I have an existing upload key that I've used to sign an APK for a previous app before. However, I'm in the middle of releasing a new app and tried to use that same key to sign the app in order to upload to Google.

I don't get any error message about my alias password, though. Should I be getting that? I confirmed that by putting in a gibberish password and it allowed me to sign the APK with the gibberish password.

Anyhow, my real question is, I received the following error when I try to upload my new app (with the right alias password):

You uploaded an APK with an invalid signature (learn more about signing). Error from apksigner: ERROR: JAR_SIG_NO_MANIFEST: Missing META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Does anyone know what this means? Google didn't help and I can't see to find this particular error message in other threads. I tried generating both a regular build and RC build for this APK.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211

Because You need to use apksigner; jarsigner is not allowed to sign apk from google.

Hm, I sign my APKs using the Gamesalad flow (publishing -> GameSalad -> Android Signing). When I go through that flow, it opens up and shows APKSigner as the tool (under keytool and above zipalign). Am I missing a step?

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211

here i see jarsigner... anyway the issue about jarsigner was fixed months ago... if you not have the correct passw try with another keystore.

Mine definitely shows Apksigner. What's weird is also that it doesn't give me an error like yours when I put in the wrong password. But I know what the password is, so everything should be working.

Dunno why, but it seems to be the location of that apksigner file. I moved it to the same location as the zipalign file and it worked.