Error while signing for Android from PC

Hi!

Today I stumbled trying to sign my apk with PC Gamesalad Signing tool

Anybody have an idea what the problem is?

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438
    edited May 2021

What JDK are you using on the signing tool? I am using this and seems to work perfectly fine:

C:\Users\me\Documents\openjdk-15.0.2_windows-x64_bin\jdk-15.0.2\bin\jarsigner.exe

I also looked up your error. Make sure you don't have any firewall or anti-virus blocking or that monitors port 80. That error is because the signer can't reach "tsa" to retrieve a timestamp for the build.

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

It seems my signing tools are different .

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212

Hi if i remember Jarsigner was deprecated by Google play about 12 month ago so now we need to use Apksigner; so why you are using Jarsigner?

Deprecated is not the same as fully dead. I still use jarsigner without a problem (as of last week). That particular error is because the signing tool from GameSalad uses the timestamp flag and your machine can't reach the timestamp server.

It seems the timestamp server used by the signing tool is down for 3 days now.

I've been told by the support guys to use the command line method until they can solve the issue. I haven't tried yet, it looks very cumbersome.... never done it that way.

edited May 2021

I created this simple signer for you until it is fixed. I tried to make it look like the one that comes in gamesalad but it has some quirks:

1. You need .net installed for it to run but I think most machines have that.
    2. It won't overwrite a file. It will just fail silently.
    3. When you click on the sign button a dialog will pop. It is for the location and name of the signed apk.
    4. It first signs it before renaming it. So if you sign it once and want to resign it you will need to download it again.
    5. You should see two black empty command windows pop open. Ignore them and let them close on their own.

Otherwise, it works fine and I was able to upload a copy of my app to Google. Once I have time, I am going to clean up the source code and put the entire thing on github:

That's awesome Adrian!, thanks a lot.

I will try it asap!

• gmsld21gmsld21 Member, PRO Posts: 5

Where did you get the file from? I tried the method and there is an error

I made the app. What error did you get?

• gmsld21gmsld21 Member, PRO Posts: 5

Do I leave the path or write the path of the file I have?

Select the path of the files you have by clicking on the "..."

• kdhjr23kdhjr23 Member, PRO Posts: 43

HI @adriangomez i tried your app but its giving me the error below

You uploaded an APK with an invalid signature (learn more about signing). Error from apksigner: ERROR: JAR_SIG_NO_MANIFEST: Missing META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Did you change the name of the signed apk or did you try to make the tool over-write the file? It won't over-write and it will just fail. That error just means that the apk was not signed.