Request IDFA not showing

nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

Hi,

I have some problems with my app when trying to show the IDFA message.

I'm trying to update my app and I didn't change anything in the code, I just added some data to show the users.

I pressed on Build App (regular build) on the publishing page and when I open the app on my iPhone the message of the requestIDFA doesn't showing up, I'm getting sharing screen like this:

So I tried to build the app with Build RC and then test it, but then I'm not getting any message at all and when I close the app I get message that the app crashed:

someone got this problem and know how to fix it or what's the problem?

I already used the tweet sheet behavior to show the IDFA message on my previous version of my app and it worked fine but now it looks like something changed somehow...

Thanks[=

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 253

Hi there! Yes, they're already aware of this issue. @adent42 is looking into it.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@nir3112 did you enable ads? We only enable that if ads work. Since you're crashing and not just displaying a share sheet, I'm guessing we screwed up one of the ad builds and need to redeploy. Please PM me your publishing link to help us debug faster.

Thanks!

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

i did an update last night. no issues (that i’m aware of).

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

I sent you all the needed staff..

and yes everything is enabled, the message worked fine on the last version of my app and I didn't change anything

thanks

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304

update? I have to push the update to the store ASAP…

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@nir3112 I think you can just push it to the store. We haven't made any updates to the RC binary in a while so there should be nothing different than before.

The "regular" build won't show it. If you've already processed the popup, then it won't show again (and annoyingly the only way I think there is to reset it is to uninstall the app and restart the phone, but I'm not even sure of that).

As for the crash, I'm not seeing it on my device with your app, so I think it may actually be a race condition that's ad related (i.e. something the ad networks do when we close the app). So it's probably going to ad dependent before it's reproducible, but it also means your reviewer may not even see it.

TL;DR - we haven't changed anything since your last release so just push it. The requestIDFA message doesn't show because it only ever shows once.