Server options 2021

nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304
edited July 2021 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi,

Yesterday I got an email from Gamesparks that they are closing their services and now all my apps are without server and all of my work is lost. (it works for now but I need to find solution now..)

Someone here is using something else to connect his apps to a server? where did you get the server code?

Somebody tried MongoDB or Beamable?

Google cloud looks like a good option but I don't understand how to make it work there.

If someone can help me with this it will be much appreciated because my app is not worth without my server.

The services I need is:

Send and Get tables

Registration

Login and Logout

Shared tables - tables that if I send data to them all the users can retrieve it when they open the app.

Thanks[=

(sorry for my English..)

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

I am using Glitch + Firebase. Everything you need can be done via those two, but Glitch is $10 a month. I'm afraid I can't share the code though.

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 304
    edited July 2021

@Armelline Great thanks!

it’s a little bit funny.. I came to gamesalad to build my apps without code because I don’t know any.. but to use this feature I need to learn a lot of code and no one on the forum will share his code..

I’ll send you PM I hope you can help me somehow to save my apps..

thank you for your answer[=

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,058

@nir3112 we have some code shared for basic usages, but it's really gonna depend on what you want to do, server wise. Which GameSparks services are you using?

As I wrote above I used Gamesparks service to:

register users

login and logout

send and get unique table for each user

send and get shared tables for all users - if I update this tables all the users will get the data.

I managed to do all that with the help of @adriangomez - I can’t thank this guy enough for the help of making my apps so amazing..

UP