how do i insert advertising with ad mob?

djzcreativedjzcreative Member, PRO Posts: 33
edited November 2021 in Tech Support

396 / 5000

Risultati della traduzione

Good morning

I have to publish my first app, and I'm trying to insert advertisements with ad mob, but it asks me to insert two strings of code in that of my app and more precisely in the build.gradle file. But I opened my file with android studio and the build.gradle file or folder is not there.

how do i make ad mob work with my app?

Is there someone who can help me ?

Thank you

Best Answers

• uptimistikuptimistik Posts: 255
    edited November 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi there! The SDK is already bundled when you publish, so you don't have to open the project in Android Studio. I know this is an old video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erbWylExkBE

but the same principle applies: Create the Ad type in Admob (Interstitial, banner or Video Reward) get the Ad Type Code from your Admob dashboard and then input those codes in the GameSalad publishing portal - on the left hand side, under Services.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• bob loblawbob loblaw Posts: 793
    Accepted Answer

the cleft notes version is:

if you haven't already, you need to set up an admob account ---- create relevant ad units that link to your app ---- use those IDs in the services part of the GS publishing page

in your project, depending on what/where your ads are, use the relevant logic. banners have their own code block that you can put on any scene as long as it isn't positioned where it will force people to inadvertently click on it. interstitial ads get called on when you use reset scene or goto scene.

but the video upmistic posted will help a bit more.

• djzcreativedjzcreative Posts: 33
    Accepted Answer

Thank you very much, and that asking for the integration of the sdk had sent me into confusion. Thank you