Nov 2021 - Cooking In The Kitchen - Pollfish, Adstronomic, GameAnalytics, etc...
It's been a while since our last "Cooking In The Kitchen", so I though I'd share what we're working on (or looking to work on).
Now that AAB app bundles are done and we've upgraded our build system to use CocoaPods, hopefully new third-party features will come faster!
What's on our (short term) roadmap?
1) Pollfish - Pollfish (https://www.pollfish.com/) is a rewarded survey system. It will allow you to ask users to complete surveys for rewards (and rewards you $0.30 per completed survey or more). Usually the reward for surveys is in-game currency. I'm still working through the details but I think you can set the "exchange rate" on their dashboard from survey payout to in-game currency. In the game you can show either an "offerwall" or a single "rewarded survey". We'll support both modes and we'll also add a Tweet Sheet hack to let you open Pollfish separately if you want to keep your existing full screen ads.
2) Adstronomic (on hold) - I was hoping to get Adstronomic in at the same time, but that's on hold until we get some updated SDK docs. I think we'll be able to resume work pretty quickly, but if you were waiting on this one, the wait might be a bit longer.
3) Game Analytics (https://gameanalytics.com/) I'm about to start work on Game Analytics support. It will combine inherit reporting (on scene changes, loading, ad shown, etc) as well as custom event reporting via the "Tweet Sheet" behavior.
Since it's faster for me to develop on Android (mostly thanks to the new build system), these features will come out as part of RCs first, then we'll move on to iOS.
Relatively near future:
- Find a way let reward and poll ads notify the game that there is an ad ready. That way your buttons for rewarded ads or polls can be reactive and only show up when there is content available.
- Create a v2 Send Table and Get Table format that uses JSON arrays instead of pipe delimited data, just to make parsing easier.
Further Future (not in priority order):
- Update viewer app (modernized UI, the ability to directly load games from the web creator without publishing, the ability to pull games from your portfolio, dialogs to test game response for different IAP, Achievement, and Leaderboard scenarios).
- Updated Publishing web interfaces integrated into Creator 2
- Load images from URL
- For backwards compatibility it would work via a hacked TweetSheet behavior.
- For referential consistency, it would replace existing image in the game. This would allow your game to keep running with an initial "placeholder" image that gets replaced when the online image is loaded.
- Text Entry system (though depending on the work involved, it might be Creator 2.0 only).
- Something, something, NFTs?