Pollfish - How To

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054
edited April 2022 in Release Notes

With this RC we’ve made Pollfish rewarded surveys available. Think of them as rewarded ads, but instead of watching a video, the user needs to complete a survey. 

You can learn more here: 

https://www.pollfish.com/publisher/

and

https://www.pollfish.com/blog/app-monetization/10-facts-about-mobile-rewarded-surveys/

When done right they can be a great way to monetize your app, with eCPM of up to $200 (of course ymmv). With even basic surveys, completed surveys earn you a minimum of $0.30.

Since they take a bit more work from a player than video rewarded ads, we suggest enticing your players by giving them bigger rewards for completing surveys. 

One thing to keep in mind is that polls can have different values. You will be able to set up a mapping between a poll’s “value” on the pollfish side and the corresponding in-game currency in the pollfish interface. Upon poll completion, we will then return the corresponding reward value to the built-in game attribute: game.adReward.value

Pollfish has “ad” display types: OfferWall and Rewarded. 

Rewarded Polls

Rewarded polls are a way to pull up single polls immediately (“Take a poll for a reward”).

Learn more here: https://www.pollfish.com/docs/rewarded-surveys 

In GameSalad, Rewarded Polls are called up just like Rewarded Video / Interstitial ads.

Offerwalls

Note: Rewarded Offerwall ads failed in our testing, but we think it may be test environment related. We'll continue to look into the issue.

The Offerwall pulls up a wall of potential polls for users to choose them. (“Choose poll for a reward”). They are often mapped with different  in-app award amounts based on their value. 

Learn more here: https://www.pollfish.com/docs/offerwall

In GameSalad, the Offerwall is called up like a normal Interstitial Ad (though we will still process rewards).

You can use the usual Change Scene behavior to display an ad. But if you want to keep your usual ad network and ALSO include pollfish, you can use the Tweet Sheet behavior to show Polls or Offerwalls.

To show a rewarded poll use the following:

TweetSheet:
Image: pollfish

To show a poll offerwall use the following:

TweetSheet
Image: pollfish

When a user completes an ad, their reward will show up in the game.adReward.value attribute.

Comments

• zarzirzarzir Member, PRO Posts: 128

Can anyone share his experience yet?

Also if anyone knows, I'm not sure what to do about "Standalone Demographic Surveys" will be happy to hear some thoughts?

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

It is an unpaid (to you) survey that players have to fill out. If you don't do it standalone then they have to fill it out as part of the first survey. Try it both ways and see what works out for you. In my games, if I didn't do standalone very few would stick around to do the full demographic plus the full survey in one sitting.

Thanks @adriangomez , That was exactly what I was trying to understand, to do it standalone or not .

Can you share how many took another survey after you change it to standalone?

Also what do you say about the ads at the end of the survey?

This is all in theory right now as I can't trigger them, or publish with the RC

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

@zarzir can you send me a publishing link so I can look into why you can't publish with the RC?

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

@zarzir I am probably not the best person to ask. My approach was and is going to be to offer the survey to people that are already playing the game regularly to remove all ads for the session. Most of the money that I made on Pollfish was from referral links. I am not sure how people do it, but some of the people who used my referral links got upward of 5K surveys completed. And Pollfish pays $200 per 5K surveys that your referral link generates.

Nice, thanks @adriangomez for the answer.

I think I will try without standalone and see how it goes.