Suspend GameSalad subscription?

awesome_wellsawesome_wells Member, PRO Posts: 38

Hi,

There used to be an option to suspend GameSalad subscriptions (for 3 months I think) which allowed you to keep all of your projects' publishing settings on the GameSalad servers.

Is there still an equivalent where I can keep my projects 'in suspension' and then re-subscribe whenever I need to update (e.g. to comply with App Store policies)? I can't see any option now other than to cancel? Will all my project publishing settings be lost from GameSalad servers if I cancel?

I was a pretty active GameSalad creator back in around 2017, I still think it's an awesome tool, but since then I have progressed to C# coding. However, I have some GameSalad apps that I would like to keep supporting with updates (basically re-compiles), but keeping a continous subscription going is a bit overkill for what is probably 1hr usage per year.

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

So, for now, we never delete anything unless you explicitly ask for your account to be deleted / purged.

This will likely change in the future, but we’ll warn you when we get to that.

• NuGamerNuGamer Member Posts: 25
  • NuGamerNuGamer Member Posts: 25

Why is this likely to change in the future? (please excuse that stray @!)

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Not the near future, but eventually we'll want to start saving space usage on AWS. So at some point, we'll find accounts that haven't been logged into in a while and consider removing their assets.

• DNGAMEMAKERDNGAMEMAKER Member, PRO Posts: 6
    edited May 2022

completely valid reason