How's the game app biz so far?

izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

Hey guys! It has been a super long while since I used game salad and also updating my games for the app stores.

How's the market right now for mobile apps? Also, are there many of you guys still using gamesalad?

For me, I'm getting back to using gamesalad because I got to update my games because they keep getting removed by google and apple for being too old.

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

Well. I still use GameSalad and have a couple of games. It is great we now have proper analytics (Game Analytics) and ad mediation (Ironsource). The only thing standing in my way is a proper user acquisition platform. Currently, it is extremely hard to grow a game with organic installs (it might be easier to win the lottery). Since GameSalad does not integrate with anything like Appflyer, Tenjin, or Singular it is almost impossible to create an effective UA campaign. It also means that most publishers won't touch you.

I still enjoy GameSalad and I try to run blind campaigns. It is just really hard. I also love the recent changes. I feel like GameSalad is almost there to be competitive with other 2D engines for commercial games.

For learning how to program and getting kids excited, I think GameSalad is a great tool.

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

Thanks for your thoughts. I have come to think that making games and apps is no longer where the gold is any more.

Good to hear the new stuffs added to GS. Interesting to hear your thoughts on what's lacking in GS.

I just subscribed for a year and hope to make full use of this.

Your comment on the publishers won't touch you, yes I agree. Games built on GS is has always been hard to sell to publishers. It's just too closed up. We cannot easily add anything new to it because of its proprietary nature.

GS will always be a small player.

But that's ok I guess.I still have great games on the store that people still asked me about because they can't find it on the store anymore.

And that's why I'm here again.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

@adriangomez of Appflyer, Tenjin, or Singular, which would be the most important / most requested by publishers?

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 254
    edited May 2022

Appflyer for me. Singular is cool too, and they offer a good set of tools, but personally, AppFlyer has way more info available, tools, tutorials etc.

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

I currently use Tenjin because it is the cheapest, but I can switch to AppFlyer.

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 254

hmm Tenjin even have a free plan...not bad not bad at all

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com