Rewarded Admob Ads

NoobDevNoobDev Member, PRO Posts: 37
edited July 2022 in Working with GS (Mac)

I already pm’d a few individuals about this but was wondering if anybody else is encountering this issue. My android app only plays one rewarded ad per game session. Subsequent presses on the “play ad” button do nothing. The only way to get another ad to show is exiting the app and launching it again. If anyone has a live android app using admob rewarded ads please let me know if yours are working normally. If so I’ll need some help troubleshooting. For more background I noticed the issue on an apk derived from an aab during internal testing then I went and tested the live version of my app released about 3months ago using the stable apk build from around that time and the same issue was happening. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• NoobDevNoobDev Member, PRO Posts: 37

Have to bump this up. @adent42 I know you were away for a bit then had to deal with build issues etc but the “only one ad being displayed” bug is starting to effect functionality and of course ad revenue itself. As we discussed before it is most likely an issue with requesting a fresh ad after one has been viewed. Please take a look at this when you get a chance. Thank you.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Hey @NoobDev , sorry about the long delay in fixing this. We found the issue and were able to patch both RC and the main release, so you should be good to go when you regenerate.

• NoobDevNoobDev Member, PRO Posts: 37

Woohoo. Thanks a ton!

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

@adent42 i build a apk and test on my android but it only show 1 ad, after that it just give the reward without show ad....is it working on the aab build?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Did you build with the normal or RC?

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

I used the Build button, is the Build RC APK and Build AAB the only AAB....is there no RC on AAB

The RC button now builds AAB by default. Please message me with your publishing package and I'll take a look.