Android code signing error on aab builds (but not apks)

I'm trying to update some of my old apps for the Google Play store but am having trouble signing new builds.

When building using the RC or AAB button and then trying to sign with my keystore I get this error:

Android code signing error. Please ensure the alias password is correct.

I'm 100% certain that my password is correct, and strangely if I build using the BUILD button (which produces an APK) it signs fine and accepts my keystore password.

I need to use the RC because it uses a more up-to-date version of google billing (which google now requires).

Is there a problem with signing aab builds and if so any workarounds?

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik Key Master, Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 254

Hi @DigiChain First of all make sure your SDK's are updated, check Android Studio to see if you need to download new versions. Then check out this post from @MelodyCats about signing updated apps:

https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/618185#Comment_618185

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Hi @uptimistik , thanks for the advice. I think this'll take awhile for me to get my head around!

So just to clarify - am i right in thinking that you can't sign aab's using the old keystore which I previously used to sign the apks?

And I need to convert the old keystore first (as in @MelodyCats post) before it can then be used to sign the new aabs that gamesalad has generated??

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Just tried building and signing on a different computer and it now seems the RC BUILD and the AAB BUILD are actually creating apks rather than aab's. Seems odd?

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

What is the new procedure for building uploading to the play store. Are there any up to date videos or tutorials?