About iOS Sign App problem (Framework Code Signing Error1)

Hello everyone, I would like to ask a question. When I use the Portfolio Sign App function, It get the Framework Code Signing Error1 problem (see the attached picture), how can I solve this problem? thx for help!

Answers

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212

Maybe there' s a issue with iOs signing.

So if you want you can bypass it with iOs App Signer use it to sign your iOS app.

• RoyimRoyim Member, PRO Posts: 43

Thank you in advance for your reply, I also tried to sign through iOS App Signer, but the (RC) file downloaded from GameSalad cannot be directly selected and uploaded to iOS App Signer, and then I changed the RC file to .ipa, Can upload, but I get an error message when signing. Please, what kind of file do I need to upload to iOS App Signer?

edited October 2022

Hi,

you need to download the unsigned app;

after generation you need to push "Download" button on the publishing portal to download the unsigned app.

after use this file with provisioning profile to sign the app with iOS App Signer.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

You can use iOS App Signer (preferred), or you can try signing with the pre release Mac Creator 1.25.104: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7uiyhorlr0k465/GameSalad-1.25.104-20220908.dmg?dl=0

Hi, when I making the file type .app instead of .ipa(by put it into a Payload folder, and zip it and change the name to .ipa), it work for sign with the iOS App Signer, but when I try to use this .ipa file upload to App Store by Application Loader and transporter, it got an error show that

"No suitable application records were found. Verify your bundle identifier 'com.pollfish.Pollfish' is correct and that you are signed into Xcode with an Apple ID that has access to the app in App Store Connect."

新消息

Maybe you have an issue with your bundle identifier? honestly i signed my apps with iOS App Signer without issues.

The strange thing is that when I signed in, I saw the Bundle ID, not 'com.pollfish.Pollfish', but the Bundle ID I created. I really don't know why after signing it, it will become 'com.pollfish.Pollfish' '...

• JaimeCCJaimeCC Member, PRO Posts: 17
    edited October 2022

Hi, I'm also having the same kind of problems to sign & upload (with Transporter) my apps.

Initially, I had the same pop-up notification (saying "Framework Code Signing Error 1 ...") when trying to Sign a RC_Build with Creator 1.25.103

I downloaded Creator 1.25.104 from the Dropbox link above, and now I can Sign the app but Transporter throws this issue when uploading the APP:

Asset validation failed (90179)

Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/comarCAT.app/Frameworks/Pollfish.framework/Pollfish' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile. (ID: 63dbdff2-0fa1-42cc-85af-6aa0050c94da)

I repeated the test with other APPs and its happens the same. For example:

Asset validation failed (90179)

Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/calculitos.app/Frameworks/Pollfish.framework/Pollfish' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile. (ID: 402dcf8e-c707-46d3-96fa-e9a9face4253)

Is this a problem with my certificates? Or is there an issue with iOS building/signing in Gamesalad?

Thanx

I have just try this, and have the same problem

"Asset validation failed (90179)

Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/Eggs Crash.app/Frameworks/Pollfish.framework/Pollfish' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile.(ID:4b42b67c-6c73-430e-9884-a66457caac7f)"

edited October 2022

Hi guys i just test today and it works fine for me!

i signed the app directly from publishing portal here two shoots:

it's in ready to submit.

Maybe You've an issue with provisioning profiles or bundle id?

(i used Catalina 10.15.7, GS 1.25.103 and Xcode 12.4)

O, THX, Maybe wait for the GameSalad CS reply>.<

edited October 2022

Still having the same situation here. No way to sign and upload new versions of my iOS APPs.

@adent42 , any suggestions or hint to solve or workaround this issue? Are @Royim and me the only GS users reporting this?

BTW, I'm using macOS Monterey (12.6), Xcode 14.0.1 and GS 1.25.103 / 1.25.104

Thanx so much

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

Ah, can you try iOS App Signer and see if that fixes it? I thought I adjusted the signing code for 104, but I might have missed something.

Hi,

iOS App Signer did the job. No problem to upload the generated .ipa with Transporter. @Royim you could try also.

And the error persists when loading .ipa with Transporter after signing with GS 1.25.104:

"Asset validation failed (90179)

Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/comarCAT.app/Frameworks/Pollfish.framework/Pollfish' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile. (ID: 63dbdff2-0fa1-42cc-85af-6aa0050c94da)"

Thank you @adent42

• ah4000ah4000 Member, PRO Posts: 15

I'm having the same issue, you're not alone haha. This is new, because i uploaded something last week with no issues and now this framework error...

• ah4000ah4000 Member, PRO Posts: 15

So i signed in GS and then used that file in ios app signer and it worked... so weird

edited November 2022
    edited November 2022

Hi again,

as I said in my comment above, I can finally build for iOS with GS 1.25.104 and then sign it with iOS App Signer. And I've sent the app for revision to Apple.

But I've come across this new issue:

Has anyone had problems recently with Tweet Sheet gs:requestIDFA? It used to work fine, prompting Apple pop-up request for Personaliced Ads consent when run for the first time, but now it looks as if it makes the apps to crash when it is the first time run in a particular device.

When Apple has reviewed my App, they report a crash upon start. I've checked locally, with my devices, that this crash happens when Tweet Sheet with gs:requestIDFA is executed, but ONLY in devices where the App has never been installed and run before.

I have associated the Tweet Sheet gs:requestIDFA with the click of a button, and I have checked that when the button is clicked:

a) it makes the app to crash when installed (via TestFlight) in a device where the app has never been installed and used before

b) it has no consecuences when installed (via TestFlight) in a device where the app has been installed and used before

@adent42 , are there any changes in the way to use Tweet Sheet gs:requestIDFA?

Has anyone tested it recently? Anyone has seen the Apple pop-up asking for Personaliced Ads consent on a recently build and updated app?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jaime

we haven't made any updates to the engine in months, so I can only assume it's due to iOS updates. We'll have to take a look and recompile.