iOS: Transporter: Failed because of Icon...

MarcoColMarcoCol Member, PRO Posts: 279

Hi,

I found already some feedbacks regarding that, but I can't change the icon (PNG without alpha...).

When I select in the in the web-publishing-tool, I can select a file, but it will not be changed on the top left corner. And it's equal if I set one or not in the Project Info in GameSalad.

Is there another place, where I can upload/set the icon?

And how can I delete the icon in the web-publishing-tool?

Regards

Comments

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211

Just try to drag'n'drop another one png in the publishing portal or upload the game with new and not like an update.

• MarcoColMarcoCol Member, PRO Posts: 279

Hi,

yes, I tried it already to drag another icon on it. When I move the mouse over the icon in the publishing portal, I get the info, that now icon was uploaded, but I see it...

To make a new product is a possibility, but much work - but I will do, if there's no other way.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited December 2022

it's strange...anyway upload the same game in another slot with two window open than copy the bundle id, the ads setting and the new icon without alpha channel so push build RC; about 3 sec to make this...

Yes, you are right, it should be fast and I think I can then delete the old slot, if that works.

Last question: Better add the icon in the "Project Info" or in the publishing portal?

Regards

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
    edited December 2022

I've replaced icons that accidentally had transparancy with ones that do not lots of times. Did you try actually making a new build and uploading it? I've always just chucked the new icon in, generated and uploaded without checking.

You definitely need to do the icon in the Publishing Portal, though.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

What browser are you using. There is a known problem with submitting via Safari. If you switch to Chrome or Firefox, you shouldn't have a problem.

Ok. I tried it with Safari, that might be the problem. I couldn't also add any loading image or something else.

I will try tomorrow with Firefox, hopefully it will work then.

I will then drop it in the publishing portal.

Thanks for now, I will report if it will then work.

I installed Firefox and with it, it works now.

Thanks a lot for your tipps and feedback.

Cheers