ADHOC can anyone help?

RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

I've recently moved to a new mac mini and since then adhoc testing seems broken. When I drag my adhoc build to my iPad it says 'unable to install'.

When I migrated my account to my new mac it looked like it had transferred all my certificates. But I've also tried deleting them and re-creating /downloading new certificates/provisioning profiles etc... So far nothing is working.

Has anybody got any pointers? Am I missing something obvious?

Comments

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

Still struggling with this, any help would be much appreciated.

I've just moved to a new Mac and am having problems installing my adhoc provisioning profile onto my registered iPad.

I get a warning box that says 'Failed to install... Please ensure provisioning profile is configured for this device...'

Here's what I've tried:

1: Exporting Apple ID from Xcode on old mac and importing via Xcode on new mac. Didn't work and get the same 'Failed to install... Please ensure provisioning profile is configured for this device...' message. I then got in an almighty mess, revoking and re-creating certificates, provisioning profiles etc to no avail!

Sooo, I then tried:

2. Created a brand new 'clean' account on my mac. On Apple developer site, revoked and created brand new iOS Development/iOS Distribution/Apple Distribution certificates. Downloaded and installed new certificates onto new mac account. Created a new AdHoc provisioning profile using my new iOS Distribution certificate. Connected iPad to Xcode, and tried to install brand new provisioning profile only to get the same message: 'Failed to install... Please ensure provisioning profile is configured for this device...'

I'm pulling my hair out now! So my basic question:

Is anyone managing to send their adhoc builds to iPad using this method? i.e. Is the issue MY setup or is it an Apple/iOS issue? Or am I the only one trying to do adhoc testing this way and is everyone else using Test Flight?

If anyone can spot something I'm missing would really appreciate some pointers.

Thanks.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

I'm afraid I always found this such a headache that I just used TestFlight instead.

Thanks @Armelline, that's good to know.

I've raised a support ticket with Apple so I'll see how that goes, but maybe it's time for me to embrace TestFlight 👍️

Update:

Just in case anyone else has this issue.

I downloaded iOS App Signer 2 and used that to sign my app and it fixes all the issues with adhoc testing.

So I guess app signing on the GameSalad publishing page is broken? Maybe this has been announced another thread somewhere and I missed it?@adent42

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

I’m having the same issue - is signing down on GS publishing @adent42 ?