AdMob / no Ad Unit id section

GameSalad, publishing, Services / AdMob section:

I am trying to write my Legacy AdMob Ad Unit for iOS Universal, but GameSalad is not letting me, the fill-in slot is disabled, not able to write in it.... why is that?

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065

Note that it says Legacy. We should definitely explain it better, but you need to fill in the boxes next to the specific ad unit type below (labeled RC-2018-12-12 and later)

Back in the long-ago we only supported one Admob Ad Unit Id and one ad type (either banners or fullscreen). Once we updated to support both, you had to put the ad unit IT to match the specific ad type.

BUT, in order to allow people to access their old ad unit ID, we left that field there. We should take it away now since it's been a few years since that was relevant, but hope that explanation helps!

We should also remove that form border so it's clear that it's now the default behavior.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

@adent42 How about the mediate chartboost check box? Does that still work? And how?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,065

Honestly I have no idea (as in I've never tested it), but it uses Google's mediation library to allow Chartboost into the mix.

You'll need to google admob's instructions for setting that up.

I only added it because for iOS we have to compile everything in ahead of time and one bundle includes Admob and Chartboost together, so I figure I would just enable Chartboost mediation since it's already in there. That carries over to Android, but because we dynamically compile Android, we can leave out chartboost if it's not checked.

Ok. Very cool. Thank you.

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 305

Thank you @adent42 , it worked!

• geoascenciogeoascencio Member, PRO Posts: 63

This is probably a dumb question. Does Gamesalad only allow admod to Integrate Chartboost with mediation? or does it support other networks from Google's mediation library? or should I be using Ironsouce for that?

Not a dumb question. GameSalad only allows Chartboost mediation with Google, but allows any combination with IronSrc. This is currently required to have some consistency between iOS and Android builds to match a limitation in our iOS builds.

In theory you can also mediate with anything that doesn't require a special mediation adapater, but you'd have to dig into Admob's documentation for that (I don't think there are many networks in that list).

If you go to your mediation group you can select and just apply to the ones that don't require adapters.

Many have rejected me or I have not started the process but Fluct has worked out.