"Share App" Button??

Hello, I am looking for a way to include a "Share App" button to put on my game's home screen or wherever I want to that will text the Android or iOS download link with the app icon and title. Is there a feature or workaround that would do this?

Comments

• sparky0714sparky0714 Member Posts: 10

Here is an example from "HappyRise" that I'm trying to accomplish for my game.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,129

Use the Tweet Sheet behavior. This is called this for historical reason.

Basically back when it was implemented, the only way to share on iOS was through their Tweet Sheet function.

They deprecated that and then replaced it with the share system you are asking about.

We still call it Tweet Sheet, but it's really a Social Sharing button.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,129

Except on HTML5, there it literally opens Twitter, but you can use the onTweetSheet delegate to override it and use the sharing system of your choice.

Awesome!!! That's really good news... Thank you so much!

BTW: Is there a feed (or doc) that describes how to do this? The command only has "message" and "image". Both seem sensible, but don't have a clue how to "link" the iOS or GooglePlay url of the app... also, the sms funtion is unclear. I value your input, thanks.

You can't "link", you can only put pure text messages. There's a reason for this, but I need to double check if it's a limitation of the current system or tweetsheet back in the day.

Ok, I appreciate your help.

Just looking back at this. I realized that you can't add anchor links to a tweet. You can put the url for a link, but it's twitter's UI that turns the url into a link. Hope that helps?