random actor

rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi to all, hope someone can shed some light.

I want to be able to do like a guessing game; something similar to a cup hiding a ball. Level one will have three cups that move randomly and you have to find the ball (obviously you score point every time you find it and lose points when you don't). On each level, you have more cups...and so on and so forth...perhaps 100 will be the limit or it can just be unlimited levels.

I had read somewhere here that having multiple actors and several scenes for the moment is not recommended. How would you go about something alike what I want to build?

Any feedback/demos are appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
    I guess nobody knows? or I gave my idea away? or I'm not explaining myself well?
    I really want to get this going...I already have some actors sitting on a blank screen waiting.
  • Fafnir312Fafnir312 Member Posts: 161
    Well, your question is a bit vague. Start making the game and ask questions here as you need help.

I've not heard anything about not having multiple actors and scenes. If that were so we couldn't make games. Currently GameSalad does bog down (and sometimes crash) due to not handling memory well but that might be fixed by the time you're ready to ship your game.
  • rdcuberdcube Member Posts: 361
    something like this:
  • Fafnir312Fafnir312 Member Posts: 161
    Well, this shouldn't be too terribly difficult. The first thing you need to do is plan out what needs to happen. Write it down on paper, make lines, scribbles, whatever helps you plan it out. Then start with the first step and make it work, move on to the next and repeat.
    You have your actors on the screen, so that's a good first step. Now what's the next thing that needs to happen? And go from there.

Also, going through the tutorials and looking on the wiki for how things work will help you get going:
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/how_tos

You can make your game. It'll just take a bit of patience as you learn how GameSalad works and how to plan out a game (planning helps a lot).