Game Development Company looking for...

DonaldMDonaldM Member Posts: 48
2 developers!

Supercharged Studios is a licensed business in the State of California, County of Los Angeles. As a newly formed company, we are looking for talented developers from different SDK's to work with all the images, ideas and direction given to them. All artwork, sound and game structure will be supplied, we are just looking for someone to piece it all together, very well. Our games are visualized simple but fun.

Conditions are very simple:
-Must know GameSalad, and enjoy using it.
-Must be able to visualize and execute
-Must be able to work with the team
-Must be over 18 years of age
-Must Complete Evaluation Period*
-Must Present YouTube Video or Gameplay footage of already existent titles.

Must Know:
-Lap Times
-Side-Scrolling Platforming (Mario Bros-type)
-Physics based launching
-How to pick up new traits
-ANIMATION OF CHARACTERS

Developers will be legally sub-contracted by Supercharged Studios to specifically manage the finalization of all of our GameSalad created games.

We are so happy to see the types of SDK's out there, especially with GameSalad being the far easier and more appealing of the lot. My company wants to show off "the goods" and make people know about these applications, a lot of hard work was involved creating such easy SDK's to use.

If anyone is interested in working with our growing company, please contact me at don.mcghee@gmail.com , contact.sstudios@gmail.com or here.

*Evaluation period: The time in which it takes to move from a per-job contract to a consistent agreement. Developer will be paid by a 20% cut per download of each game he/she developed for, for up to the first 3± titles. Once the evaluation period is completed, developer will be paid a negotiated flat rate.

I hope to hear from some of you! I see the work here and a lot of it is impressive.

Donald McGhee
Supercharged Studios
Creative Director / Owner

Comments

• calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    -Must know GameSalad, and enjoy using it.
    -Must be able to visualize and execute
    -Must be able to work with the team
    -Must be over 18 years of age
    -Must Complete Evaluation Period*
    -Must Present YouTube Video or Gameplay footage of already existent titles.

I can't join because the forth one
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    Hmm no homepage? No own mail domain? ;) Looks not very professional. Sorry.
  • PIXOMUSEPIXOMUSE Member Posts: 101
    hohoho.... :D

So you want some idiot to do all the work, then hand over the rights to you so that they can then make 20% in every sale, and then whatever % your agree thereafter, good luck finding the right muppet stupid enough to agree to your terms.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    mulyinc said:
    Hmm no homepage? No own mail domain? ;) Looks not very professional. Sorry.

This seems to be the domain name... http://superchargedstudios.com/
  • cbtcbt Member Posts: 644
    I agree to your terms.

Lol..
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Photics said:
    This seems to be the domain name... http://superchargedstudios.com/

That is a very "black" (and VERY empty) looking home page!

But, I can't work for them because I don't meet condition 1
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    On further (web site) investigation, I found a "donation" button! VERY PROFESSIONAL

Interesting fact: the suggested amount is $99 via pay pal ROFLOL x 999999
  • DonaldMDonaldM Member Posts: 48
    I have to say I didn't expect this type of response from this forum.

Allow me to explain if it seems a bit hard to understand. As a legally registered business, it's not as easy as just saying "here is a large amount of money! do this!" I find it difficult coming into a forum of beginning SDK users and giving away the majority of sales. I have absolutely no problem paying a coder more than 20%, so If anyone here can sit down and knock out objective-c from scratch, let me know. It's not acceptable to pay a designer less because someone using an SDK feels they deserve more. There is no application that designs for you, or creates music for you, or manages the projects for you like GameSalad does for coding. To no offense at all, especially since I am the GS fan in the company, but someone using training wheels can't, by principle, make more money than someone designing or developing from scratch.

On the point of insulting my business. Supercharged Studios is registered with Dun & Bradstreet as a professionally operated business. We are lacking in the website department due to the fact that we are not limited to iOS development and are working with 3 clients right now to develop website interfaces, one being artist Danny Miki from Crime Lab Studios, Marvel Comics and McFarlen.

Unlike most people dubbing themselves "CEO," "Owner" or "Creator," we are actually registered and copyrighted. Apparently "professionalism" relies on the visuals of your website. I do apologize if updating our website from html to css/php last week is an inconvenience now, we do lack information on the website and that's why I left it out. My business email is Don@SuperchargedStudios.com (using Horde, which I do not prefer as a mail client), Contact.SStudios@gmail.com is shared by our Creative Directors to answer inquiries. I now regret using my personal email to make things easier for me.

Either way you look at it, I have to distribute a 1099 to anyone subcontracted. Before going through all that with the IRS, I can't just trust that you know how to do what we need done. The "idiot doing all the work" is no different than you going through a probation period at a new job. Before we just out and offer you $2,000-7,000 per job, I would need some reassurance. What about the "idiot doing all the design work" or the "idiot who came up with the idea?"

This isn't an offer to join a little club of users or "group" of developers. Website and email presentation aside, business protocol doesn't get thrown aside when mocked. If anyone is still interested in legally contracting to work with a development company, email me.

Thank you for the warm and fuzzies...
    Donald McGhee
    Supercharged Studios
    Creative Director / Owner
    The donation button! That actually is a good point, legally I cannot take donations, so it never crossed my mind to put it up. DeSalvio Designs took it upon themselves to throw it in the bottom without knowing the legalities. The lack of account connection should show that we DO NOT accept donations. The guy is a BioEngineer, his weekdays are fairly busy I would say, so he is due to fix a lot of the website problems this weekend...again....thank you for finding every reason to try and ridicule what we do. Do you think we can get past all the bs?
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    DonaldM said:
    but someone using training wheels can't, by principle, make more money than someone designing or developing from scratch.

Ha ha. I'm known for writing incredibly lengthy replies. But really, it isn't necessary to write anything further after reading that.
    Honestly I don't know what your guys' problem is. This is trolling. As if I'm here to be openly mocked for offering people the chance to work with other developers. If you don't care for the deal, that's fine. But don't sit here and ridicule everything that we have done just because you're skeptical. I'm done attempting to reason with you people. I never expected trolling from this place
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    guys, this went way overboard. there was nothing wrong with the original post. We have had plenty of people come in looking for contact work, and unless you are all raking in the money, there's absolutely no reason to drive people like this away.

the terms may not be to your liking, but i guarantee there are GS users out there who would probably like an opportunity like this.

so either cool down or I'll close the thread, which probably should have been done eariler.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    DonaldM said:
    The "idiot doing all the work" is no different than you going through a probation period at a new job. Before we just out and offer you $2,000-7,000 per job, I would need some reassurance.
    The difference being that someone serving a probationary period as an employee would still get compensation for the time they put in.

Your system you posted above is heavily, heavily weighted in your favor, and doesnt guarantee any pay, even if someone does actually create 3+ games for you, that your happy with. You could simply drop the developer once theyve completed 3 (free) games, and then move onto another victim.

Basically, its an unprofessional way to conduct business...and could be construed as an attempt at exploiting developers.

Theres no reason why you should be asking for developers to be creating work for free. You could agree terms based on completed milestones, with caveats based on the work meeting agreed quality levels... and make payments based on those milestones.

Its a much more professional way of conducting business.

I also notice you state on your website, in your sales blurb, that ALL work is completed in-house, by your team of highly devoted developers. Obviously that isnt true if your using free contractors... so not an entirely honest business claim.

Dont get me wrong, your not the only company to try doing business this way. Ive been a freelance contractor for a long time, and seen this approach more times than I care to remember. Whether your a fully registered business or not, your proposed method of conducting your business just doesnt stack up. Your a new company, with no track record, and your asking developers to take a complete gamble.

Thats why your not getting the kind of response you were hoping for. GameSalad has a good community, and no one here wants to see a fellow developer being taken advantage of. Im pretty sure you'll get a similar response on any other SDK forum you might try.

If your serious about working with developers here, then I suggest you rethink your proposed way of conducting business, and enter into agreements that are more evenly weighted to protect and compensate both parties equally.
  • QuinnZoneStudiosQuinnZoneStudios Member Posts: 452
    PIXOMUSE said:
    good luck finding the right muppet stupid enough to agree to your terms.

Muppet?!? I resemble that incineration, lol!

Personally I see nothing wrong with offering up a business proposition. One can take it or leave it. Supercharged clearly state they are a new company and usually that means no cash flow, hence the 20% of downloads payment. So as an indy company I can see the logic. I hope there are some talented developers here who might follow up on this.
    Many great and successful companies have grown from little associations like this. Isn't it better to get on at the ground floor?
    Best wishes Supercharged Studios and I hope you find what you need. See you around ;)
  • iMuseiMuse Member Posts: 80
    DonaldM said:
    but someone using training wheels can't, by principle, make more money than someone designing or developing from scratch.

Wow... goodluck anyway!
  • HachikoHachiko Member Posts: 330
    iMuse said:
    Wow... goodluck anyway!

Well, that's actually true, in a way. I mean, if you're paid for "hours", with objC it will get much more time to finish the project, so more money :D In gamesalad the work gets done faster, thus less money. I think.
  • FreiGamesFreiGames Member Posts: 158
    Hachiko said:
    Well, that's actually true, in a way. I mean, if you're paid for "hours", with objC it will get much more time to finish the project, so more money :D In gamesalad the work gets done faster, thus less money. I think.

Nope, then you'll obviously just make more apps! :D
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Evaluation period = 3± titles? Why? Months of work as an evaluation period. Never seen anything like this before.
This discussion has been closed.