Making a Quiz With Gamesalad?

ElectroPulseElectroPulse Member Posts: 14
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hello, all.

I am new to Gamesalad and am wanting to make a quiz in it. I can think of one way to make it (make each scene with the question and possible answers that would link to another scene, and have each question on a seperate scene). Because I am planning on have several hundred questions in it (different categories and difficulty levels) I would like to find a way that I could set it up like a database.... have a list of questions and the corresponding right/wrong answers that one central scene could link to.

Is there any way to do this?

Also, I am wondering what the easiest way to have a paragraph of text in a scene would be... "Display Text" won't work because it will only allow one line of text (unless you option+return down, but would like to find an alternative), and would like to be able to edit the text in GS, which possibly rules out importing images with the questions/answers.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. As aforementioned, I am new to GS, so it would be great of explanations were as simply put as possible ;)

Comments

• AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    Hi ElectroPulse,

I have made a template that does what you want as part of my Combo template pack check it out in the marketplace. There is also a video of it.

Keith.
  • ElectroPulseElectroPulse Member Posts: 14
    Hello,

I am sort of looking for a free solution to this issue, but your template looks pretty good... I do have some questions about it though:

I assume that everything about it is customizable, correct? Eg. we can change all graphics and the entire look.
    Are we required to leave your logo or anything in the final product? What are the limitations to the rights for using this (provided we change the look, of course)?
    There is no limit to the number of questions we can put in it, correct?
    Are the questions randomized?
    Where and how can it be purchased? What sort of payment will be used for the transaction?
    What sort of setup would be required to put in questions? Is it sort of like the database idea I previously mentioned, or do you need to edit the separate scenes?

Thanks!
  • AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    ElectroPulse said: Hello, I am sort of looking for a free solution to this issue, but your template looks pretty good... I do have some questions about it though: I assume that everything about it is customizable, correct? Eg. we can change all graphics and the entire look. Are we required to leave your logo or anything in the final product? What are the limitations to the rights for using this (provided we change the look, of course)? There is no limit to the number of questions we can put in it, correct? Are the questions randomized? Where and how can it be purchased? What sort of payment will be used for the transaction? What sort of setup would be required to put in questions? Is it sort of like the database idea I previously mentioned, or do you need to edit the separate scenes? Thanks!
    Hi mate email me and I will send it to you.

Keith.
  • cbtcbt Member Posts: 644
    I will try to answer few of your questions;

-Yes, everything is customizable. You can change all graphics, add sound etc.

-No, you don't need to leave his logo. And you can use it in anyway you want. Publish to any platforms you want.

-Nope, there is no limitations to number of the questions. You can add any number you want.

-You can't use databases or something like that in GS, but, I'm sure adding questions will be easy.

His email is appchogie@live.com and skype name is AppChogie. Contact him if you want to buy his template. And I can assure you, you won't regret it. His templates are great..

Edit: I need to learn to refresh before I post.
    What forms of payment are used? Also, before I buy it I would like to have all of the above questions answered... ty for the ones you answered, cbt.
    Still open to any suggestions that could help me with sorting this out without the need of buying a template.
  • IndieStudioIndieStudio Member Posts: 11
    Where is the marketplace link? I am interested in this template