600 $ worth of Tshirtbooth & Darren templates

creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Yesterday I got below email and I am shocked. I am trying to trace that guy. And I think I caught him.
He is from Ontario state in Canada. I also got full location details. And yes this guy is also creating template and selling.

His email notes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanna Trade Gamesalad Templates for art packs or other templates?

hi i have seen you on the forums and have seen you around the marketplace frequently.

The reason i am email you is because i am a student and i thought this can save u and i money . So i am looking to trade templates i have,

Tshirtbooths templates/Darren templates/And a bunch of other templates! Over $600 worth of templates and gamesalad tools.

If your interested in trading, then email me back and ill send you a list of what i have.
my email is:

not .com

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    your a couple weeks late haha

this has been sorted out. just dont respond to his emails
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Yeah, he's been sending that around to a lot of people. The user is GSLover, Eminem, and a couple of other alt accounts here on the forums from what people have said. I'd just ignore it. They know about this, and he apparently hasn't learned his lesson even though he has been ostracized on these forums.
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    i knew Eminem was a punk ass lil ******
    ... oh well...
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    So did they / he get banned and GS account cancelled???
  • creativeappscreativeapps Member Posts: 1,770
    John from last 2 days activity I can say that one more person is invlove and he is still in gamesalad.
  • BramHoddssdBramHoddssd Member Posts: 414
    Aquarius said:
    i knew Eminem was a punk ass lil ******
    ... oh well...

no eminem didn't do it, he got the emails and tried to put a stop to it. i think.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    tshirtbooth said:
    Eminem did do it. He admitted it to me in an email.
    Im thinking of driving down to his home this weekend since he is only a few hours away from me. I have his moms address from a paypal paymet he made me.

Id like to have a chat with his parents about this.
    He is 15 years olds and is stealing from us.

Damn that would be funny. You should take a video cam and do like a to catch a gamesalad thief episode on it.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    What is especially disappointing is that he continues to do this, despite being named, shamed, and banned.

I get that people are out to make money. I really do. But do it legally ffs.

Part of me wonders about his parents. He's been a rip-off merchant from day one. I wonder what kind of parents brought him up to think his attitude is ok?

Anyway... back to making games, eh?

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    Worst part is that he probably want an art pack to release a game with it, which is even more illegal. What if someone trade him illegal graphics XD
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    We never really had this problem when GameSalad wasnt free :(

Such a shame!
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    Well, if he selling 600$ of templates, doesn't that mean he bought them?
  • EbreezeEbreeze Member, PRO Posts: 481
    People illegally download and steal music all the time.
    Anyone could give/sell products from the GS market place with ease and no one would know.
    Alot of kids don't pay bills or know the real value of money...yet
    Just imagine when GS becomes huge...like Youtube, it will be everywhere
    Guys include a strict license agreement in your products, you can find them on Legalzoom
    I have much experience licensing music....trust me, people will steal
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Lawfully nothing can be done.
    Morally it is wrong and shouldn't be done.

I've had someone spin the idea to me once. I was tempted - like hey I can learn a lot, probably wouldn't buy it anyway. But we're all a team. I wouldn't like it if someone did to me.
    I'm working on a Template at the moment actually. Not sure weather i'll sell it or give it out yet.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    maybe give his parents a call? i dont know the law up there, but in the us you could send him an official dmca notice. include him and his parents in the notice.
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    beefy_clyro said:
    We never really had this problem when GameSalad wasnt free :(

Such a shame!

I'm afraid this guy was a little wheeler dealer even whilst it was paid. In this thread 'Rezap' used to be named mateen or something and that account (I think) is the same user as GSLover was as they both had a link to the same website in the description on his page. http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=11001 (my first comment makes me sound like an idiot, it was of-course aimed at 'Rezap' not peachpellen)

There's no stopping some people trying to make a quick bit of money. He even said he was making quite a bit from his hundreds of apps yet he still refused to pay a penny to worthy devs :/
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    your a couple weeks late haha

this has been sorted out. just dont respond to his emails

but tshirt close that so it doesn't matter
    ya I still get those emails sometimes. it is really annoying
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    This is sad. Might be a good idea to get the parents involved. You should also inform them what the worst case scenario is when you publish (under on of the parents name) illegally acquired graphics.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    RH said:
    I'm afraid this guy was a little wheeler dealer even whilst it was paid. In this thread 'Rezap' used to be named mateen or something and that account (I think) is the same user as GSLover was as they both had a link to the same website in the description on his page. http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=11001 (my first comment makes me sound like an idiot, it was of-course aimed at 'Rezap' not peachpellen)

There's no stopping some people trying to make a quick bit of money. He even said he was making quite a bit from his hundreds of apps yet he still refused to pay a penny to worthy devs :/

True, jsut all this crap was a lot less. You generally will always get a couple but more and more morally wrong things are happening now
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    quantumsheep said:
    What is especially disappointing is that he continues to do this, despite being named, shamed, and banned.

I get that people are out to make money. I really do. But do it legally ffs.

Part of me wonders about his parents. He's been a rip-off merchant from day one. I wonder what kind of parents brought him up to think his attitude is ok?

Anyway... back to making games, eh?

QS

Im sure the parents don't know. My parents don't know have the stuff I do because its all on my computer. (Its not like I watch or do anything bad) but Im pretty sure his parents don't know.
    does canada have a small claims court? In the US they have one, and it's only like $50 to file a case. This would be a case of theft and distribution, so i think you'd have a case if you wanted to take it that far.
    wow this is more serious than I thought
  • rlehmrlehm Member Posts: 320
    Be careful. With torrents and mass-email programs, he could do a lot of damage. Too bad templates aren't integrated into GS and you must be logged in to use them. Then, the designer could have a point of sale clause that gives them the right to refuse service if you do things like this. Once GS bans the account the template cannot be opened with GS. Maybe GS could get a cut of template sales for creating this? Or similar?
  • rlehmrlehm Member Posts: 320
    Also, each template could have and ID number and the ID number is logged with IP. Then, when the user opens his ID labelled template, GS checks IP. If the same ID is used for multiple IPs you know you have a pirate issue and the template is disabled from use with GS.
    I agree with rlehm says
    or maybe the devs set a password and once the password has been used it's never useful again
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    So like I said did his GS account get cancelled?????? To keep him from publishing.
  • alexander144alexander144 Member Posts: 93
    After the last thread you would think he had learnt his lesson.
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    Hahahaaha! It would be halarise if tshirtbooth went with his buddy with ski masks on and like ring the door bell hide in the bushes and grab the kid. Throw him in the truck and drive off. Freak him out by putting a spot light in his face and questioning him. Saying the wise words of a tough guy "Son, I am Disapiont". Then erase his hard drive. Then talk to his parents keeping the ski masks on! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Nope, his account is still active:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/profile.php?id=34318

I for one agree that Tshirt should go to speak to his parents.

Ace
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    Video tape the whole thing. It could be like a regular show. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.