iAds not paying per impression?

richcoyrichcoy Member Posts: 211
So I have 2 free games that launched late last night. They both have iAds and this is my first time dealing with iAds. In my iAd stats it shows 103 impressions today but my earned amount is only 23 cents. I thought we got paid half a cent per impression?

Will the amount earned catch up, or are they not paying for all impressions?

Rich

Comments

• DenimSharkDenimShark Member Posts: 192
    I'm yet to see a penny in my account even though I have impressions, and as of today I cant even see my stats since when I click on iAds Network I get a message that says unable to connect to server.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    I thought it was more like a sixth of a cent per impression or something like that.
  • aarioaario Member, PRO Posts: 256
    you get paid very little per impression its all about the click-through's...
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Yeah its a fraction of a penny per impressions. the Percentage is based on what they have rated your apps impression values as well. Some of that is determined by download numbers. I'm guessing with 100 impressions your downloads where not very high. maybe a couple hundred. Unfortunately you will see little to nothing from those kinds of numbers.
  • xarmianxarmian Member Posts: 124
    There's a lot of misunderstanding about iAds.. the amount you get per impression depends on the actual AD being presented. In other words, it depends on what contract apple has made with the advertiser. Impressions for ads of free apps make nothing and also make very little (i.e. 15 cents) per click, but ads for things like movies tend to pay a fraction of a penny per impression and can pay upwards of $1-$1.50 per click. The problem is, I find about 98% of ads are for free apps.

zv713, I had this problem too - all of a sudden Apple has changed something that broke compatibility with Chrome. If you use Safari it will work. They keep breaking and fixing chrome compatibility with various parts of their site.

Dave
  • richcoyrichcoy Member Posts: 211
    Okay, I was under the impression, no pun intended, that Apple charged advertisers a base of 1 cent per impression and we go 60% of that.

So I guess moving forward the question is whether it is worth doing a iAd supported version at all. Before seeing these lousy numbers I was planning to, when In App purchases become available, make every game free with the ability to unlock some features and take the ads out for 99 cents. That sales model may not be the best now.

Rich
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    I have problems with iAds since 2 days ago when there was a new contract.

I can't see my iAd Income on App Viz :S Very weird.

Anyone know how?
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Im thinking about getting rid of all of my lite games.

iAds = over.
    my iAd game makes me on average 3.50$ per day ..nothing wrong with that! :)
  • MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    aario said:
    my iAd game makes me on average 3.50$ per day ..nothing wrong with that! :)

Nice what game?
    Road Rage FREE http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-rage-free/id451667466?mt=8

..im not quite sure how im making that much but since it was released on july 29th its made over
    160$ ..needless to say i was very surprised lol

EDIT: and thats with 13000 downloads
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    I have made 2000 USD with iAds since April this year :D

Si Im happy with iAds.